laserlyte rear sight for glocks

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by RogerH, Feb 24, 2012.

1. RogerH

RogerH New Member

any thoughts on them. I still feel they dont replace practice with the regular sighting picture . for practice practice practice . but im getting old my bifocals some times create a chalange

2. glockluvr

glockluvr New Member

If your shooting for the ten ring, or trying to shoot a smiley face on paper I bet they work pretty good.

I too have fleeting eyesight but I have owned glocks for almost twenty years and basically point shoot to center mass good enough at self defense distances.

I personally would not count on any electronic device that takes the place of my rear sight if I needed that sight to place an effective shot.

I do have a revolver with a laser grip, and the laser adds accuracy no doubt. Six shots one hole all day long. The laser is a tattle-tale when it comes to staying on target while pulling the trigger. You can watch it bounce all over the target while you go through the motions.

I guess I could consider it a training aid, but the only way it would ever be on one of my carry guns is if it also had a notch built into it to use as a sight if it failed.

Thanks for reading. That's my two cents

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012

3. RogerH

RogerH New Member

THE Nice thing is you still have the notch rear sight just like the stock Glock sight. with the laser right alog side it. so when you need the laser its there other wise its just like any other one