larue mount is finally here

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Ultimate_sig, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

I got a mount for christmas and it wasnt tge right one. So i shipped it back and called them and they set me up with a diffrent one. The mount aligns the magnifier to the optic perfectly. Im excited and itching to go to the range.

I tried it this way and it seemed very hard to look through the mag and spot

ForumRunner_20130125_132459.jpg

So i tried it this way and can see perfectly

ForumRunner_20130125_132622.jpg

ForumRunner_20130125_132634.jpg

Now its time for a trip to the range

2. AndyRexia

AndyRexia New Member

I love getting packages in the mail. I gotta say, I've never seen a magnifier set up like that. I hope it works well for you.

P.S. in before JonM

3. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

I know i feel like a kid on christmas

4. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

um...........where to start......

5. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

what kind of magnifier is that?

6. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Its just a cheap mako, cant afford the expensive one

7. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Start what? I havent really cluttered it

8. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Sight should always be mounted on your receiver. And you are the first person I've ever seen mount the magnifier in front of your sight........

I think with your eye so far the the magnifier, your field of view will be soo small it might be worthless for anything but target shooting. Have you tried fielding it or shooting multiple targets free hand?

9. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Not yet, i was just playing with it. With the glare from the mag it is very hard to see with the mag in front of the optic. But you are right the fov is very small, almost tunneled. Im going to go to the range next week to try it out. I keep my left hand in front of where the mag is and found it much easier to flip it than from behind. I dont do foregrips on an ar they just arent practical to me so i hold the fore end

10. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

By the way given my delima do you think its because i have a cheap mag that its so diffucult to see