LaRue 5.56 OBR or Bushmaster ACR?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by shenny, Mar 6, 2011.

1. shenny

shenny New Member

Just wondering what y'all think about these two rifles and their price differences. I had a chance to shoot an ACR at the range today, and man, it was SMOOTH. Great fit and hardly any recoil. Haven't had a chance to actually shoot an OBR though.

2. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Id go w/ the OBR.

3. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Of the two I'd also go LaRue. I really wouldn't be interested in a proprietary design like the ACR, who knows where it will be next year.

Any chance of widening your selection, there're a lot of great choices out there.

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I agree with Quentin, @ $2K there is a ton of really good sticks out there!

5. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

True for 2k you can get a nice Daniel Defence or BCM w/ plenty left over.

6. Quentin

Quentin New Member

And how can we forget Colt...

I had to drop that one in there for you Cane! :p

7. shenny

shenny New Member

Thats exactly the thing I need to know. Alternatives. I want to basically buy a gun that wont need a bunch of extras thrown in later. I also want a very accurate gun.

So Daniel Defense, is it comparable to LaRue?

8. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Daniel Defense and LaRue are quality manufacturers but tend to go in different directions. Maybe you should tell us more what you want out of an AR, what you'll use it for.

9. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

If you are looking in that direction, don't forget Wilson Combat. I've shot their SPR and the gun is amazing. You can just feel the energy and love illuminating from it. LWRC should also be considered if you are looking to spend. Both of the choices you named are good, but I believe you can do better in that range. :)

10. shenny

shenny New Member

I'm looking for a high quality gun that is very accurate. I don't want to get it and go "oh crap, I need. 300$ trigger group." etc. Something reliable that I will be able to have for a long time.

11. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Any of the choices above will give you that.

The OBR will be highly accurate, LWRC accurate and very solid; as will the DD, BCM, Noveske, etc.

12. shenny

shenny New Member

wow. a lot of options over at the LWRC site. Kind of overwhelmed. Can anyone point me towards which builds are LaRue comparable? Not really interested in the Repr, got 7.62 handled.

Also, 6.8 or 5.56? How much more accurate is 5.56 over 6.8?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  13. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

If you,ve decided on a LWRC you might want to give them a call or look through their forum. They brought out a couple new rifles this past Shot Show that were nice options.

Id go w/ something with their "stretch" gas system. Its their mid length equivalant.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C8e0t_00yE]YouTube - SHOT Show 2011 LWRC M6A1 SL[/ame]

14. Mega

Mega New Member

OBR vs ACR is really an apples to oranges comparison. They are very different from each other.
    Having said that... if I were going to buy one or the other, I'd select the LaRue OBR in 5.56 with the 16" barrel.

LaRue Tactical OBR 556, 16

[​IMG]

15. lancelot86

lancelot86 New Member

ACR would be badass.