laquer coated ammo

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by txchl33, Jul 24, 2010.

1. txchl33

txchl33 New Member

I purchased some .223 "JSC {The TULA Cartridge Works}" from Cabelas in Buda, TX.
    It's in a white box. Can Anyone tell me if it is laquer coated?
    DelTon says if I fire laquer coated ammo it will void my warranty.
    Any help greatly appreciated.
    John
    325 370 6547

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Unless it's "OLD" or surplus, the Eastern Block munitions manufactures have been producing polymer coated steel case ammo for some time now.

Buy your 223/5.56 Lake City SS109 ammo here:

The AMMOMAN.COM ONLINE WEBSTORE

3. txchl33

txchl33 New Member

Thx for the quick reply. NOW, I'll go plink'n.

Attached Files:

4. mrasgt

mrasgt New Member

No worries.....

I've put thousands of rounds of the old stuff and the new stuff from Russia through my Bushy, absolutlely no problems.

That warrantee sounds bogus.

5. rab

rab New Member

Just my opinion

Much of the Eastern Bloc ammo is laquer coated to prevent rust to the steel/metal case. Ak's have no problem shooting them. Direct inpidgment gas systeems dump hot gas and carbon right into/onto the bore/bolt-carrier. Eventually the heat and contact will cause bits of laquer to get deposited into the chamber/bolt area. These deposits can range from slight with no problems, to extreem, with cases "glued" into a hot breech. Some people eliminate the worry, by using brass. This is just my humble opinion. This is on risk I don't need. There are many vendors of "LC" brass at very reasonable prices. SurplusAmmo.com for instance. I've also started seeing "ATI" ammo on Able Ammo's pages.