Lansky sharpening system review

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by Seven, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Seven

Seven New Member

2. Tiny_MN

Tiny_MN New Member

Nice review. I have the Smith's kit which is similar. About the only difference I saw is that mine is capable of doing serrated as well. I've only had to use it occasionally so far.

3. Seven

Seven New Member

I was >< that close to getting the Smith kit from the local Lowes hardware.
    The reason I went with the Lansky kit was the rod guide has more angles.

4. Tiny_MN

Tiny_MN New Member

That's the only downside is that there is only two angles. But, I didn't think it was a deal breaker. Most of my knives have those angles so not a real issues

5. Kodeman

Kodeman Member

I bought the Lansky system many years ago and IMHO the concept seemed plausible but I wasn't very satisfied with the results. I get much better results the ole fashion way with a 2 sided wetstone and strop. More effort is needed but I like the edge I can get with this method.

6. Dan308

Dan308 New Member

Send it to me, It'll be scary....

7. Werminator

Werminator Member

Love my Lansky... My mother told me she wanted to buy me a Christmas gift I would use so I asked for a sharpener and what I got was the ability to bring life back to several of my favorite knives... Now a couple of them are nearly shaving worthy!

8. Werminator

Werminator Member

Just to add a pinch... I got bored today and threw a couple of my hunting blades into my Lansky and couldn't be happier... Had good results with minimal effort... great product, especially for the price...