Lanolin bases lubricants

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by spittinfire, Aug 26, 2010.

1. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Anyone here tried a lanolin based lubricant on their firearms? I was turned on to it buy the guy I work for as a good substance to repel water and rust. I thought about trying it on my carry weapon as it partially dries and seems to cling to metal. It doesn't seem to attract dust and can be cleaned off with mild solvents but water alone doesn't touch it.

Here is a link.

Fluid Film® | Corrosion Preventative, Lubricant and Rust Inhibitor

2. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Thanks Spitty, If it will do as it states and penetrates the metal, protecting it from rust, heat and lubricates and not leave a sticky residue, stops fingerprints, especially on chrome, and stops pitting as well, not harming the finishes, and will even clean copper fouling from the barrel, eliminating the use of a brush?

It looks very promising. :cool: :)

3. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

If it passes Spitty's test, I'll coat my car with it.

4. spittinfire

It already has! Wax on, my friend. :D

I forgot to mention, it kills rust. Another forum I stop by once in a while had a guy who was giving away free samples. I sent him a message and hopefully he'll stop by here and do the same thing.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2010
  5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Soooo........calling you Rusty is no longer valid?

Attached Files:

6. spittinfire

Where did you find my bicycle?

7. Dano50

Dano50 New Member

If anyone is still interested in trying Fluid Film and lives in the U.S., just PM me your contact info and I'll get a sample can out at no charge. We even pay for shipping.:D

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  8. spittinfire

Dano, I would gladly take a free sample and I suggest others do the same.

Guys, I really do like this product. I can't speak of how it holds up to heat but for corrosion protection, it's great. My carry weapon is wiped down with it.

Sorry about the thread title....I couldn't type that day apparently.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  9. russ

russ New Member

We use a product called Lano-lube at work. It stays very stable in heat and cold, which is one of the main reasons we use it. I always joke that whoever is using it is just getting lubed up for a sheep encounter.:D