URGENT ALERT – YOUR IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED
CULLERTON TO INTRODUCE NEAR TOTAL GUN BAN ON JANUARY 2ND
The ISRA has learned from a credible source that Illinois Senate President
John Cullerton will introduce a so called “assault weapons” ban on Wednesday
when the legislature returns for its “lame duck” session. Cullerton hopes to
ramrod the bill through and get it to Governor Quinn for signature by Friday.
If he is successful at doing so, nearly every gun you currently own will be
banned and will be subject to confiscation by the Illinois State Police.
Based on what we know about Cullerton’s bill, firearms that would be banned
include all semiautomatic rifles, pistols, and shotguns. Pump action shotguns
would be banned as well. This would be a very comprehensive ban that
would include not only so-called “assault weapons” but also such classics as
M1 Garands and 1911-based pistols. There would be no exemptions and no
grandfathering. You would have a very short window to turn in your guns to
the State Police to avoid prosecution.
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO SAVE YOUR GUNS.
1. Beginning Wednesday, call your State Senator and politely tell him or
her that you are a law abiding firearm owner and that you strongly oppose
Cullerton’s gun ban. Also, be sure to call your State Representative as well
and politely deliver the same message. If you do not know who your State
Representative please call the Illinois State Board of Elections
2. Forward this alert to all your gun owning friends and family members.
Be sure to tell them to call their senators and representatives as well.
3. Post this alert to any and all Internet bulletin boards and blogs to which
4. Join or renew your membership in the ISRA. Encourage your friends
and family to join as well.
5. Make a generous donation to the ISRA by clicking the link below. We
are in desperate need of your financial support to help beat back the
onslaught of gun grab bills coming our way in 2013.
SPECIAL ALERT UPDATE YOUR ACTION REQUIRED
SENATE COMMITTEE APPROVES BILLS TO RUN RANGES OUT OF BUSINESS AND BAN 80% OF YOUR GUNS
MESSAGE FROM COMMITTEE DEMOCRATS: Eliminating law-abiding gun owners is a good first step towards a civil society.
Votes on HB815 and HB1263 were split along party lines in the Senate Public Health Committee Wednesday night with the committee Democrats voting 6-4 and 6-3 to send the bills to the full senate. If these two bills become law, they will resulting most, if not all ranges in the state going out of business as well as the banning of ALL semiautomatic rifles, pistols and shotguns as well as banning all pump shotguns and rifles.
In comments made during testimony, committee Democrats stated plainly that HB815 and HB1263 were first steps and that these bills have as their objective the creation of a more civil society. In other words, elimination of lawful gun owners is a required first step for creating a more civil society. Of course, there was no mention of the impact of eliminating criminals.
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO ON THURSDAY:
1. Call Senator Dave Syverson at (217) 782-5413 and tell him THANK YOU for supporting lawful gun owners by voting NO on HB815 and HB1263.
2. Call Senator Shane Cultra at (217) 782-6597 and tell him THANK YOU for supporting lawful gun owners by voting NO on HB815 and HB1263.
3. Call Senator Christine Johnson at (217) 782-1977 and tell her THANK YOU for supporting lawful gun owners by voting NO on HB815 and HB1263.
4. Call Senator Carole Pankau at (217) 782-9463 and tell her THANK YOU for supporting lawful gun owners by voting NO on HB815 and HB1263.
It is very important that you praise these Senators for their support.
The ringleader of the effort to shut down shooting ranges and take your guns away from you is Senator Dan Kotowski. You may wish to call him at (217) 782-3875 and politely explain to him that, as a law-abiding gun owner, you do not appreciate being treated like a criminal and that you oppose any efforts to regulate shooting ranges, ban semiautomatic firearms, or ban standard capacity magazines.
URGENT ALERT BAN ON GUN RANGES AND BAN ON ALL SEMIAUTOMATIC FIREARMS ON THE MOVE IN THE ILLINOIS SENATE
YOUR IMMEDIATE ACTION REQUIRED
A pair of nightmare bills is on the move at this moment in the Illinois Senate.
These two bills would:
1. Run all gun ranges out of business by imposing heavy fees, imposing special staffing requirements, warrantless searches of ranges and customers, unlimited unannounced inspections.
2. Ban all semi-automatic rifles, pistols, and shotguns as well as pump action shotguns.
Here are direct links to the two bills:
EITHER OF THESE TWO BILLS WOULD END YOUR GUN RIGHTS ENTIRELY
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO PROTECT YOUR GUN RIGHTS.
1. Follow the instructions below and contact your Illinois State Senator. Politely tell your senator that you are a law-abiding gun owner and you want them to vote AGAINST HB815 and HB1263. CALL NOW!
2. Pass this information on to your gun owning friends and family, tell them to call as well.
3. Post this alert to all Internet blogs and bulletin boards to which you belong.
The worst of the two bills, HB815 is being sponsored and pushed by anti-gun Senator Dan Kotowski. Go to his link: http://www.ilga.gov/senate/senator.asp?GA=97&MemberID=1724 Call him at the numbers listed and tell him that you do not appreciate him trying to shut down gun ranges and taking your guns away from you. He needs to hear from you!
Dear Representative Roth,
My name is Ronald E. Lemke, Jr. and I am a voter in your District. I urge you to strongly oppose both of these bills, HB815 and HB1263. I am a law abiding gun owner, a lifelong resident of Illinois, US Navy Veteran, a Desert Storm Veteran, a member of the NRA, a member of the ISRA and a habitual voter.
The Second Amendment of the US Constitution clearly states that every citizen of the United States has the Right to “Keep and Bear arms” and that this Right “Shall not be Infringed”. Both of the Bills are significant infringement of my inalienable right.
If you or a member of your staff wishes to discuss this with me further please contact me.
Ronald E. Lemke, Jr.
I agree that it will not likely pass, but we have to make sure that ourBill Brady posted on facebook that he would not be supporting it. He believes in the second amendment and that people should not be limited on possessing firearms and protecting their homes and family. I can't imagine this will go through with the landslide that the last of an got shot down by. But you never know I guess
The downstate democrats would be lynched if they voted anti-gun and they
Unfortunately, it went from proposed, to pulled, to delayed. Looks like they will try to re-introduce it later.Fear not as I'm sure they'll try to sneak it in again soon. I'll bet these politicians hate the internet and social media that quickly alerts citizens as to inpending legislation. Stay ever vigilant.