Lady gets pistol on air plane

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by g2gunny, Oct 3, 2012.

1. g2gunny

g2gunny New Member

2. Babyfacenelson

Babyfacenelson New Member

What. The. F*ck.
    These are the genius we let make sure 9/11 doesnt happen again!
    How the hell..... her bag was x-rayed? I cannot even imagine the ineptitude it takes to overlook a PISTOL!!!!

3. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

I took a 4inch boot knife on one once by accident. Shocked when I arrived at home and realized I had it

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  4. Babyfacenelson

Babyfacenelson New Member

A knife i can understand. Smallish and not a f*ckin gun. Surprised the detector didnt get you though.
    That was before 9/11?

5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

And I got busted for having a bottle of water in my coat pocket. Geeze.

6. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I got a 3" folding lockback knife on a flight to Vegas in 2002. It was in my pocket and I forgot it, when I was in the security line I found it and put it in my fanny pack to go through the X-ray and it was not noticed.

7. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

it did though. i got pulled to the side and the lady acted nice, and said she had to look for something.. she pulled out a little pocket knife and said oh see you cant have this.. well it was just one of those freebies that come in the mail.. again i forgot i had it.. i said keep it. she said okay enjoy your flight, and did not check any farther.. this was oh spring of 05 i think... im so accustomed to having knives on me i just forgot i had them.

8. levelcross

levelcross New Member

Is this the same security that had the ND while clearing the gun?

She must have been a looker as they were too busy with the pat down to look at the screen while her pocket book went thru.

9. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

When I was in the navy I use to fly a lot. I had one of those Charlton Heaton NRA cast .357 rounds on my keychain. Must have gone through security 20 times before all across the nation never even a glimmer of problems. One morning, flying out of Norfolk, which was home for me at the time, one TSA goober sees the fake round on my ring and tells me I can't have that on my keys if I'm flying. I informed him it was a solid cast pewter replica and was never in its life a live round. He said it didn't matter and I would have to take it back to my car or surrender it. I asked for his supervisor who showed up an reluctantly backed his employee. I was dropped off so there was no way or time to take back anywhere so I had to surrender it. Ever since that day, TSA has been my sworn enemy.

10. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

They are too busy looking for your stuff to steal, or gropping grandma and her calostomy bag so its no surprise to me they missed a pistol in a handbag.

11. JonM

JonM Moderator

If you got into the security area and made it to your destination what on earth would drive you to be so stupid as to say oops i had a gun on the plane!!!!??????!!

This probably happens a lot and we only hear about it when some is dumb enough to turn themselves in to the political masters.

12. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

She must be blonde. Or maybe she was wondering how she was going to smuggle it back!

13. JonM

JonM Moderator

If it fits it ships....

14. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

When I was in the Army I had a lighter that was a pistol. You know the kind that a flame comes out of the ejection port. I was only 17. I guess I was still a little nieve. I was getting ready to go through a metal detector. So I took it out of my pocket and handed it with my keys to the security lady. She about crapped her pants. She said, "You can't take that on the plane!" I asked why not? She said,"Thats a gun!" I told her it was a lighter. She insisted it was a gun. I said, never mind. Keep it.

This was back around 1984 or so.

15. Old_Crow

Old_Crow New Member

I was leaving Vegas, drunker than hell. A TSA agent asked if I had any weapons I replied, "I have a Patriot missile battery in my coat pocket." Soon I was doing the wing walk and being threatened with prison. Being a TSA agent must suck.

16. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

In the late 80's I flew a lot for work and once I walked up to the security checkpoint and said "Did you hear the one about the airline pilot, the stewardess and the Pope?" then after a pause I said "Oh yeah, I forgot. No jokes."

Nobody even cracked a smile. What a bunch of sourpusses.

17. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

I've heard many stories of government tests, where our government gets things that are supposed to set off security on to planes. It has been proven over and over that the TSA doesn't work.

18. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

That's pretty good. Whenever I think of TSA jokes this comes to mind: [ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l_VGjFqd93I[/ame]

19. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

20. levelcross

levelcross New Member

When coming back from Asia I took the long way home and stayed in Zandvoort Netherlands for a few days. If you want to see good airport screening that works these are the ones to teach the class.

They tossed my luggage because I had some presents for the family that looked suspicious on x-ray. They were very polite and invited me into a inspection room with 3' thick walls to inspect my luggage. After finding what they wanted to look at they packed everything back in place carefully and showed me the x-ray in question. This took all of 10 minutes to do, I talked with the security guard for 15 or 20 minutes more telling him he did not make enough money as I pointed to the THICK walls of the room. He just laughed and said that they had never been tested. :eek: He did have a fully automatic weapon and a police dog at his side the whole time.

All of this was before 9/11 and I felt the safest there out of anywhere else I had traveled.