Ladies that carry?!?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by shelbs687, Sep 9, 2012.

1. shelbs687

shelbs687 New Member

I'm just curious as to how you go about it. I have done some research on it, but most females...at least not this one...don't wear baggy clothing. Winter is one thing, what about summer time?

2. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

I'd imagine this is where sub-compact guns are best, since ladies clothes tend to be tighter or form fitting it would be impossible to conceal a full size 1911

3. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Depends on where you put it ;)

4. trip286

trip286 New Member

Flash bang holster?
    Unfortunately we don't have that many ladies on this forum to share their ideas. I think I can count all of the fairer sex here on both hands.

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

My gal carries quite a bit of the time and believe it or not her purse, which is usually a bit oversized, makes a great, commonly overlooked carry location.

If we are together one of us is always carrying a backpack. Everyone is carrying these days. They are very common.

If you get a good one from someone like Maxpedition, they have a very subtle zipper compartment on the back of the backpack, right next to your beltline, where you can reach your sidearm without any additional effort or unslinging the backpack and fumbling through it.

Another great invention that I saw posted here by the developer was a combination bra and small carry holster between "the girls" for a small revolver or auto pistol. The model, the designers' wife, was not of the "most gifted" category and with a T-shirt on it was all but impossible to see she was carrying a nice 6 shot revolver up there. ;)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  6. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Haha, yeah I've seen a lady or two that could conceal my AR.

7. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

Eeeehhh, you can keep those woman .

8. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I would not carry in a purse. You are potentially arming a purse snatcher. I don't wear very tight clothing (as I am not young anymore) but a Remora holster in a pocket makes a pretty good carry situation.

9. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Do you wear your purse on one shoulder, or across your chest? Makes a huge difference. As does a background in hand to hand martial arts training. ;)

10. shelbs687

shelbs687 New Member

Haha well good thing I do the big purse across my chest! That may work. Lol the bra idea probably is not going to work for me. I'm I taller athletic female. I dont got enough goin on to hide it lol

This made me laugh! We gotta get me some more ladies on here! :p

11. Threetango

Threetango Audentes Fortuna Iuvat Supporter

My wife carries and really likes the info on this site.
    It's written by women and very helpful.

http://www.corneredcat.com/Contents/

12. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

My wife carries in her purse, she wears it cross body. I'm not a fan of it personally, but that's what she likes.

13. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

I either put my .380 right in my pocket or have an IWB holster for my Ruger SR22. If I print a little, I really don't worry about it. Where we live, it is a possible deterrent.

14. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I agree. A .380 in the pocket.

15. trip286

trip286 New Member

Now the women have guns in their pockets...
    and they may not be happy to see you...

(remember that old joke, "is that a gun in your pocket, or are you just happy to see me?" Get it? Get it?.... Nevermind....)

16. locnload

locnload New Member

I recently saw a video on another site with a young lady using a Maxpedition bag that was designed to conceal a pistol and has plenty of space for the other "stuff" that they need, just like a purse. It is carried with the strap cross body so can not be easily grabed, and because of that it is not a big issue to keep ahold of it and not set it down somewhere where unathorized hands can get to it. It can be purchased for right or left hand carry, and while not exactly fasionable, its not a bad looking unit and would not seem out of place on a lady in casual clothing. Check it out. :cool:

17. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Have you looked at the flash bang holsters? They seem like a great idea for women, even if you aren't "gifted".

18. psymmonds

psymmonds New Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0Jeq_un84U[/ame]

Here is a good idea if you wear skirts a lot

19. shelbs687

shelbs687 New Member

Haha trust me. It's not going to work for 'ungifted' women. That will stick out like a sore thumb....again unless I wear baggy clothes. Looks bad ass, but it wont work.

20. Colby

Colby New Member

My female friend carries in her purse - she doesn't like that - realizing that a bad guy can take her purse first thing.
    But she's getting some ideas from Falia at her youtube channel. she does an excellent job of addressing women's carry options - with good demonstrations.
    Take a look at her channel.