Ladies concealed carry

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Missouribound, Jul 17, 2013.

1. Missouribound

Missouribound Well-Known Member

Alright guys and gals. At risk of being a chauvenist (sp) I am interested in you ladies who carry concealed. Thighs, bra, or anywhere else you carry.
    Pics will be a plus. I know I want to see them, but I suspect there are other healthy males here who won't complain is there happens to be a lady flashing a gun....and maybe flashing a bit as well. :D I'm hoping my wife will get some ideas for her carry as well.......

2. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Very rude. If you were asking a serious question, you could have left that part out of it. :mad:

I don't conceal carry but if I did, it would be my Sig P238 in a Remora holster in my front right pocket.
    [​IMG]

Probably not interesting enough for you to want to see a pic.

3. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Looks like a perfectly good pic to me Winds.

Are your jeans pockets big enough to put your gun in? I think all of my wife's pockets are too small. And her jeans are a little to tight anyway. Not that I mind her tight jeans.:D

4. Missouribound

Rude? Wow. I suspect that many men here will find it amusing, as intended. If you are overly sensitive about my comment, I'm sorry for that. But don't read anything into it that isn't there. :confused:

5. winds-of-change

I don't wear tight jeans.

6. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Speaking for my wife, even when jeans aren't tight, most women's jeans have slightly smaller pockets than men's jeans. However, almost all but the largest .380's will fit in a female jean pocket with a Remora, Sticky or a wallet holster for the rear pocket. My wife also likes Stellar Rigs and Flashbang for other than pants/waistband carry. My wife does not believe in purse carry on principal.

7. TekGreg

He's enamored with you, Winds, he was just unsure about how to approach you. :eek: You know what it's like to be a beautiful woman that's bigger-than-life! :D

8. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

Many men may find it amusing. I didn't. What you ran into is what I call The Written Word Gap. It's that huge hole located between what you meant to say and how people interpreted it when they read it. If Winds had been able to hear the voice inflection and see you facial expressions during a verbal communication she may not have taken offense.

Why didn't I find it amusing? My daughter carries. I am very protective of my daughter. Now, what exactly are you wanting my daughter to show you?

9. TekGreg

So true, Doc. Every woman is somebody's daughter. When my girls were younger, I loved when they brought a date home and he called me sir - at least I knew he had a few manners. Only one didn't show respect and squared off on me - and promptly got thrown out.

Respect should be shown as if you're talking to your mother. :)

10. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

That is an excellent point. I stressed that to my crews all the time. If they couldn't treat their patients in the same manner they would want me to treat their mother, they needed to move on down the road. We didn't want them.

To try to bring this back on topic, as I said earlier my daughter does carry. As much as we both hate it, the only way she can carry with her wardrobe is in a carry purse. Her height and build requires her to wear what they call low rise jeans. As a result the pockets are so short even her LCP hangs out of the top. The good part of this is that she can carry into her workplace without a problem. Her boss knows, but as long as the customers don't, nobody cares.

11. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Does that help? I thought it was harmless and humorous.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  12. winds-of-change

IWB won't work for her?

13. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

Not with the tops she feels most comfortable in. The butt of the sidearm shows. She's a really petite little thing, which doesn't help at all. Add in tank tops, tee shirts and a comfort factor, and even an LCP shows.

14. Missouribound

Enough. Despite my innocent comments, some of you want to run with it and take it away from the harmless, humorous intent. Looking for underlying meaning and/or disrespect to women isn't my thing...apparently it's on your mind though. I've apologized once for my comment, at least for the way it was taken. If you want to beat this to death, do it without my participation...and certainly without my further involvement.

15. winds-of-change

Your apology is accepted. If you want, I can delete that comment from your post. Being female, I am quite defensive on comments like that. And apparently some of the Father's here are, too.

16. Glockluster

Glockluster New Member

Hey I'm pretty curious too. I've been wanting my girlfriend to start thinking about conceal carry. She isn't very familiar with firearms. She's shot my dads 38 special and my 22 pistol. I've been trying to get her more comfortable with my 9mm but its a little snappy for her. Anyway wanted to get some thoughts on a few options for her. My thoughts would be the ruger lcp or lcr.

17. JW357

JW357 New Member

Way to hijack the thread.

Have her find a gun which feels good in her hands. Period.

18. johnr1943

johnr1943 New Member

Agree with Winds. You said what you said. I would be surprised if she is overly sensitive. So, as you say, ..."If you are overly sensitive about my comment, I'm sorry for that. But don't read anything into it that isn't there." And if not overly sensitive, then it follows, you're not sorry?? :confused:

19. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Some of you bashed this thread as sexist but supported another encouraging Muslim suicide.

20. winds-of-change

Because it was obviously tongue in cheek.