Labor Day weekend

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Firearms4ever, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

What is everyone going to be up to this Labor Day weekend?

I will be going to the annual family reunion this weekend, playing golf with all the family at our golf course, going dove huntin', and of course my favorite skeet shooting/ target shooting :D.

2. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

i'm going to till some game plots and do some hog hunting. If it ever rains i'll plant those plots.

3. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

house work ,relaxing w beer. gotta work on monday tho. i dont get any holidays off. the extra money feeds my gun addiction. hehe

4. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Well, Saturday night my son and I will be sleeping on cots in the back yard. But we spend every Saturday night together. The rest of the week we only see each other a couple of hours a day between my work and his school. I think my wife likes the break from us both!!! She spends Saturdays watching chick flicks and stuff like that.

5. unclebear

unclebear New Member

I'm going to do nothing, I might take out the mosin or something and pop a few off. Might take my Dotson's hunting (they love squirrels and rabbits).

6. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

oo quick update.. going to a demo derby tomorrow night.. woot woot

7. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Painting (really supervising) a bathroom. :p

8. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

Sunday I fly to Jacksonville, Fl., rental car to Waycross, Ga. for two weeks of work. Looks like Labor Day will be labor at double time. :D

9. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

That's a cool thing to do Rick! :cool:

Tomorrow I'll be at my CCW class from 7:30 until 5PM.

Sunday I'll pull the plug from the mower and buy a replacement. The sucker just won't start. Even with starting fluid, it won't fire. It's the only thing I can think of.

The gas is fresh, the oil is clean, I've cleaned the air filter, so the basic maintenance is covered. It's frustrating.

I hate mowing the grass, I just want to fire up the mower and get it done, not screw around yanking a pull cord for an hour. :mad:

10. Cinderocka1989

Cinderocka1989 Well-Known Member

Hopefully get all the prep work done on my engine compartment and get it painted... But I have about a full day and a half worth of homework to do first. :(

11. fireguy

fireguy New Member

Had a chance to get two tickets to the K-State football game on Sat. night and passed, just didn't want to go mess with the crowds. Family discussed going to KC for a Royals game this weekend, but nobody wants a three hour drive. Found a car to look at for my youngest boy an hour away, probably going to look at it on Sat. morning. Going to a small town Labor Day parade and celebration on Monday, my son is marching with the band, he is a drummer. Hopefully I can sleep until after 7 at least a couple times this weekend. I usually get up at around 5.

12. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

If I were you, I'd try to make it a point to meet up with Cane!! I don't know how far you will be from him, but that's what I'd do.

As for the weekend, I hope to visit my Dad Sunday. My youngest son will come with but my oldest has plans with his girlfriend and my daughter is going with friends to a cabin on a lake.