Kyle Rittenhouse case -- Kenosha riots

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by G66enigma, Sep 23, 2020.

1. No

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Yes

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  3. Not sure

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member Supporter

Interesting new video clips showing angles of the various incidents in question, which many people might never have seen previously. Includes several new views in the moments leading up to and surrounding the instances where Rittenhouse fired his gun at rioters. Annotated with highlights on the clips along with voice-over explanations of what the video is apparently showing.

The Rittenhouse claim is (through his attorneys): self-defense against a mob of rioters who assaulted and battered him and threatened his very life.

Kyle Rittenhouse – The Truth in 11 Minutes @ FightBack.law, 9/22/20.

"Fight Back" is a group of attorneys that are co-defense lawyers for Rittenhouse. Attorney Lin Wood is lead attorney of this group.

From their organization's website: They specialize in protection of "individual rights and stop those who would use political power to attack constitutional rights."

News report from Fox News, about the release of these new video clips.

Never-before-seen footage from deadly Kenosha shooting @ Fox News, 9/22/20.

towboater likes this.
  2. G66enigma

A documentary-length video has been created to summarize all the timeline (and related video clips, interviews, data) that is known to-date. Includes a variety of video that I've not seen previously, including the journalist who was trailing along with the initial person who ran after Rittenhouse into the parking lot.

* Again, this was posted on the "Fight Back" website. "Fight Back" is a group of attorneys that are co-defense lawyers for Rittenhouse. Attorney Lin Wood is lead attorney of this group.

The Kyle Rittenhouse Incident… A documentary. @ FightBack.law, 9/27/20. (Youtube video about 1hr 10mins in length.)

3. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I don't see anything warranting a First Degree Murder charge in any of this.

To me, it looks like the kid was scared and fired to defend himself. Maybe he went looking for trouble. But in the prevailing atmosphere they're going to ratchet up the charges to the max to appease the mob.

That's what the First Degree is all about.

In "normal" times it might be 2nd Degree or Manslaughter.

Whatever. If he gets off the hook the mob will have yet another excuse to burn and loot.

G66enigma likes this.
  4. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I don't see anything supporting any charges at all.

MstrMsn, 7point62 and Ghost1958 like this.
  5. Triumphman

Triumphman Well-Known Member

Everything I've seen of videos has shown Rittenhouse to be innocent and defending his life from the mob. I still don't know why the man at end of videos who pointed a weapon at Kyle and is reported to be felon and NOT to of possessed a weapon, hasn't been charged and already put in jail, pending prison from healed wound, from bicep being made into hamburger? He now has a new limp-fisted girlfriend.

6. Ghost1958

Ghost1958 Well-Known Member

In normal times or these times he shouldnt have been arrested at all.
    Every person he shot was attacking him trying to disarm him, except the last one who put a gun to his head.

MstrMsn and Tortuga like this.
  7. G66enigma

From the various video angles shown, in the clips found so far, one thing seems very clear: his running from folks chasing him (into that initial parking lot) sure seems like an attempt to disengage from whatever had occurred just prior to that chase. Which should seal it, as far as the claim he was the victim and feared being caught by a mob. Everything else that came after that parking lot encounter seems to support the idea that the mob wasn't happy about being halted in that parking lot, and that they apparently thought they could run him down and "get" him then.

Sure looks like a simple, straightforward case of self-defense. The more of these video angles that come out, and the more video/audio evidence that turns up showing the initial stages (immediately prior to fleeing into the parking lot), the more it seems that anyone would be concerned over loss of life and limb to a mob ... and that anyone would have full justification to put a halt to that when cornered.

It'll be interesting to see what proofs the DA can bring to the case, that the defense won't be able to smack down handily. Haven't seen it, yet.

And, yes, I'll bet the riotous mob (machinery) will ratchet itself into high gear, again, once those attempts likely fail. Which really should be further proof of the legitimacy of concern for life and limb from such people

Ghost1958 likes this.
  8. G66enigma

9. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

I will leave it in the hands of a jury to judge him. But I will say this; even though I carry every day, I never go anywhere that I think is so dangerous that I need to take a gun. I believe that old Kyle went looking for trouble and he has found it. There should be no surprises.

Perhaps a jury will see ALL of the evidence and acquit him, I trust juries more than videos. In any case, his entire life has changed because of his actions, and I doubt it is for the better. The worst case is that he will be a right-wing hero that spends a long life behind bars. The best case is a lot of people will see him as someone who got away with murder. Look at how George Zimmerman's life has developed after his killing.

I am a strong believer that if you go looking for a fight, and then start one, then you shouldn't be able to claim self defense, but that is just my personal opinion and does not bear on the outcome of the case.

JT 141 likes this.
  10. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

I've seen no evidence to indicate that Kyle started the fight. Quite the contrary, he was attacked without provocation.

One thing is indisputable. He performed a public service by putting down these mad dogs.

Ghost1958 likes this.
  11. G66enigma

It's dangerous to confuse the distinction between instigation and preparation for what might occur.

To be fair, the legal distinction is, of course: causing and instigating a situation. It's not being there and considering how bad things could get simply by being there.

In the smaller city near where I live, a good half of its cityscape could explode at any given moment, depending on which criminals or thugs or would-be rioters happen to be there at the time.

Shouldn't matter that it's "Saturday night" or that there are gatherings or "protests" occurring in town, or anything else. Legally speaking, it's about instigation and causation. And simply being somewhere while being prepared for what might occur doesn't equate to instigation. No matter how "triggered" some criminally-violent thugs might feel.

Myself, I go armed daily. Everywhere I go. I'll be damned if I'm going to be dictated to as to where or when I will "be allowed" to go, in the place I live. I've been at gatherings. I've been to some protests. (Not this rioting crap, no, but that's irrelevant.) I have, though, had people go sideways nearby where I've been, while being out and about. Could easily have engulfed me. Despite my not instigating nor causing a thing. This situation isn't all that different.

MstrMsn and Ghost1958 like this.
  12. Chainfire

If you intentionally go to a riot, you are in fact, "looking for trouble." If you intentionally go to a riot with a gun, then you are looking for the gun to get you out of trouble that you are looking for. It is not like innocently getting caught up in a bad situation, it is a judgement you made beforehand. You might even call it premeditated. People have to live with their decisions.

In my life, there have been many times that there was a civil disturbance within driving distance of me. I always stayed home, minded my own business, and let the police do their jobs. The benefit of my actions is that I have never had to kill anyone, and never had to defend myself in court for killing someone.

Old Kyle, trying to act out some right-wing hero fantasy, has ****** up his life whether he realizes it yet or not. It will still be ****** up even if he is acquitted. I hate it for him.

manta likes this.
  13. G66enigma

False, and assumptions.

No more true about the neighbors and shopkeeps in the Koreatown district of Los Angeles, when the concern over violent rioting engulfed that area following the Rodney King situation in the early '90s.

Yes, indeed.

So what about the would-be murderers who went after Rittenhouse on film, in an attempt to cripple/kill him? What, they get a pass?

When assumption and false equivalence rules the day, clearly they do.

Bad path to be on, all of this.

MstrMsn, primer1, locutus and 2 others like this.
  14. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

He did not go to the riot. The riot came to him.
    My brother was in Watts working on telephone equipment when the riots broke out. A Black technician sought him out told him to get out. He started to get his tools and was told to leave them and go. He barely made it out. The Black tech picked up all his tools and got them to him. My brother did not go to the riot, the riot came to him.

G66enigma, MstrMsn, primer1 and 3 others like this.
  15. Ghost1958

Yep went looking for trouble.
    Went to his normal job in Kenosha that day.
    Volunteered to clean graffiti off a high school.
    Took a med kit to the protest and is on video rendering aid to protestors.
    Was ASKED to help protect a business.
    And given a rifle THERE.

Has the police not have prevented him from going back to where he was after rendering aid he wouldnt have even been in the same place as the rioters.

Kyle is quilty as hell of.
    Working
    Helping clean up a school.
    Helping a friend when asked.
    Rendering first aid.
    Exercising his RTKABA.
    And carrying a fire extinguisher to another person who put out a fire started by the rioters .

Oh. And running for his life until cornered and attacked.

Dont bother even bringing up a misdemeanor infringement of his age and carrying when the last person he shot was a felon, has admitted being armed, on video trying to shoot kyle in the head with that gun and faces no charge whatsoever.

The militia there with him were probably requested to be there by the chief of police. Though he will never admit it publically unless outed by someone.

Police request militia and any other armed citizens to come to protests to " back them up" . Which translates to " we need enough openly armed citizens in plain view to prevent anything from happening. Especially in smaller towns.
    I know that first hand.
    And that unless put in a position they cannot deny it they wouldnt admit it

And I have went. And stood guard along with 400 other armed citizens

Several times though I've turned down requests to join several militia.
    Looking for trouble? No. Already have plenty of that. The trouble came to the town I went to. Where I know folks that live and work there.
    Just like kyle probably knows folks in Kenoshsa since he works there

Going to hide under my bed and let thugs tear a local town down after they cream all 17 cops that are available from KSP, City , county combined ?
    Nope.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    MstrMsn, primer1, locutus and 2 others like this.
  16. G66enigma

You know, that's not very different than logic I've heard before from those fearing the well-armed citizen: "What need do you have to be armed? What, looking for trouble?"

^ I've got family members who think that way and have trotted out such logic to me. As though my being armed means I'm looking for (let alone causing) a damned thing.

Same thing with a community I'm part of. Being there is my right, my responsibility, and when I've either got a home or loved ones or workplace or other legitimate and reasonable reason to be there, I'm no more a threat than the little old lady across the way. Until it comes up to bite me. At which point, only one question matters: am I capable or incapable of dealing with that, should it occur?

That thugs might decide one day to burn things to the ground, or erase good and upstanding people's ability to live in the community they love ... that doesn't turn the upstanding into perpetrators. No matter how much twist of logic gets attempted.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    MstrMsn, Ghost1958 and locutus like this.
  17. Chainfire

Like I said, I am willing to let the jury sort it out, and I will accept their verdict, because I believe in our justice system to do the right thing.

18. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I'd like to believe that. But I think juries and judges are human and susceptible to emotion and political pressure. Particularly judges who are elected officials. And right now, it seems to me, the pressure is on to side with anybody demonstrating under the pretext of BLM. To do otherwise would risk being labeled a racist. There is also the threat of more riots, more costly destruction if he's found not guilty.

IMHO, he'll hang, figuratively.

MstrMsn, Ghost1958 and G66enigma like this.
  19. Ghost1958

Fact is its plain as day documented self defense . Our justice system is obviously warped in Kenosha.
    It's sort of hard to blindly trust a justice system where one person who plainly shouldnt even have been charged is behind bars while one of his attackers not only attempted to murder him , with a gun, is a felon our " justice system " says cant be in possession of a gun.

Kyle will eventually walk on all charges, may even be a good bit richer as well after suing Joe Biden . But Kyle shouldnt have been arrested at all.

MstrMsn, locutus and 7point62 like this.
  20. Mercator

Mercator Well-Known Member

Kyle is a child. He had no business to be there at all. Someone who made the rifle available to him should be answering for that.

Unfortunately the prosecution can make a point that the two unarmed men who went after him tried to protect the community. Kyle put himself in that position.

Oaktree45, manta and Gatoragn like this.