KSCCW.COM orphans check-in.

Discussion in 'Kansas Gun Forum' started by GoodtimeCharlie, Mar 8, 2013.

1. GoodtimeCharlie

GoodtimeCharlie New Member

Hey guys. Thought that since KSCCW.COM was down that we could visit here for now. Feel free to check in here so we know who made it over here.

2. JJJJr_Shabadoo

JJJJr_Shabadoo New Member

Medic started up a brand new KSCCW forum at KSCCW.net to be used until KSCCW.com reopens (or to serve as a replacement if it never reopens).
    Spread the word!

3. GoodtimeCharlie

GoodtimeCharlie New Member

Hey thanks for the info. I'm now established on KSCCW.net, so see you all there.

4. juliusdgreat

juliusdgreat New Member

I have question or concern, I have a CCL permit in kansas, My concern is or some need clarification several months ago I bought a register gun in establish outdoor store, but I sold it to my friend w/o deed of sale or anything paper sign, but my friend sold few months after w/o deed of sale also, if the gun involve in criminal crime it should come back to me coz i"m the register owner.?, any suggestion? should I report the gun.? if I do where.? thanks

5. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

There is no such thing as "gun registration" at the Federal level or in most States. You complete the form 4473 and that form stays in the store for 20 years (I believe). It is not illegal to sell a gun to a friend. No bill of sale is required.

In very unusual circumstances, local LE will request a "Gun Trace" through ATF. They contact the manufacturer, find out what distributor is was sent to. They contact the distributor to find out what dealer it went to. They physically go into the dealer's shop and look through the 4473's and write down the information about the buyer. That information is then sent to the LE agency who can follow up with an interview (or most likely a phone call). Normally, a five minute phone conversation clears the matter up. They may try to contact the next guy and so on. They may find a suspect in that chain, but normally they find the chain was broken by a burglary.

Just because you owned it at one time has NOTHING to do with your involvement in a crime any more that a car you owned 20 years ago involved in a Leaving the Scene collision means you are culpable

6. CaptMidnight

CaptMidnight New Member Supporter

All Form 4473s are returned to the BATFE up on a business closure. BATFE agents regularly visit FFL Dealers and scan buyers records. I had a call from the BATF in 2000 regarding a gun I traded to an FFL in 1976. The revolver was found at crime scene in 2000 in the Mojave Desert. How did they trace that gun to me if it was not "Quasi" Federal registration? :confused:

7. TimKS

TimKS Member Lifetime Supporter

I've been getting a data base error on KSCCW.COM again. Am I the only orphan this time, and how long has it been going on? Today is June 9, 2016.

:popcorn:

8. TimKS

Whelp, I guess I didn't learn my lesson from the 2013 crash. :mad: Anyone have an idea of WTF is going on?

9. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

10. TimKS

Kansas Concealed Carry Weapons website.

It's a place for those with Concealed Carry Permits or those interested in obtain a permit to BS about their weapons, training, etc.

I'm one of those freaks of nature who wishes to protect what's mine by carrying a weapon concealed. :)

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  11. Mikeks

Mikeks New Member

Hi from central kansas,I went by Mikil on ksccw.com. keeping up on local news and events isn,t as easy now. This site seems very informative on a lot of subjects.

12. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

You are all welcome to join us. This is an excellent firearms forum.

13. TimKS

Hello Mike. Do you have any idea about what's going on with KSCCW.com, and if & when they plan to be back up? :confused:

I've been a member here for 6 yrs. but can only keep up with so many forums. If KSCCW doesn't come back online, I will become a more frequent user here.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2016
  14. Mikeks

Mikeks New Member

Hi Tim I,ve been a member of ksccw.com about 6 years also and it seemed to just go offline,there was a couple of members I was keeping in contact with thru the site. I,m hoping to see a couple of them next gun show in wichita next month. I try to go to most local shows and get a table a couple times a year.

15. TimKS

What are the dates for the next show in Wichita, Mike?

16. Mikeks

Mikeks New Member

It's an RK show July 16 & 17 at Century 2 in downtown Wichita. It's not one of the larger shows so there is less selections but I've found the best deals there, not near the traffic. It will be interesting considering current events.

17. TimKS

KSCCW.com is up and running again.

18. Mikeks

Mikeks New Member

I saw that,I understand it will be down a while soon for more upgrades to the site.

19. TimKS

It's been upgraded.....at least that's what they call it. I don't like the new format at all.....and other are complaining too. I don't know if I can used to this one or not. Time will tell............