knocking the "bill" off the duck for a SKS

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by Miguel Span-Q, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Miguel Span-Q

Miguel Span-Q New Member

I sure hate these "duck-bill" magazines for the SKS. Mine is outfitted with a Tapco Intrafuse stock...and it takes forever to seat the tapco 20 rd mags...then I happened on to www.Truly tactical.com and saw their (somewhat expensive) mag-well/magazine modification. Like many SKS mods, I am a bit apprehensive. Anyone have experience with this company, or maybe some suggestions as to how I can make magazine insertion MUCH easier?

2. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

I do not, but I would sure like to find out myself.

3. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

Yeah, I don't think anyone really likes the detachable mods, especially the "duck bills"

NEED ACCURATE LINK . . .

Why not go back to the original pivoting mag well, or look for a 20 round orignal pivoting mag well. (check 922r for yourself)

Attached Files:

4. Miguel Span-Q

Miguel Span-Q New Member

I just prefer changing entire magazines instead of using stripper clips...link isn't under www.trulytactical.com Guess I don't know how to send links...just type trulytactical....

Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  5. BillM

BillM Active Member Supporter

Shop around a bit and buy a SKS M or D model Sporter. They came from the factory built to accept
    AK mags. I've seen several for sale lately.

6. Miguel Span-Q

Miguel Span-Q New Member

Because I'm an idiot....and apparently addicted to upgrades(?)...besides, what to do with the tapco mags...I can't afford ANOTHER lesson!!!

should have been happy with the original....should probably go put it in now....:rolleyes:

7. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Trying to make an SKS into something it is not has pitfalls. Either expensive or inconvenient.

8. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

Here is one that I am working on.

[​IMG]

9. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Maybe Redjacket could do it.

Neva Ben dun befo

10. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

How's the fork/spoon combo do?

11. LKermit

LKermit New Member

Duckbill-less adapter for SKS

Since you expressed interest, here is the link for the official website for the Marcus Mag Adapter.

Mr. Taliaferro is a member at Survivor's SKS boards as am I, and he has many satisfied customers.

KTF

http://www.thesksmagadapter.com/