Knobcreek gun show in october

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by LONGHAIR, Sep 9, 2010.

1. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Anybody been this year in april. If so tell me about it

2. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Ted nugent

I think ready teddy nugent is there every year

3. Biohazard2

Biohazard2 Member

I have not been there for the last 2 years, but have been there for the 12 or so years before.
    I plan on going this Oct.
    I have been there in Oct. when it was very dry, like this year and they had to call off the night shoot because they set the woods on fire with the tracers.
    Never saw Ted there, but did get Carlos Hathcock to sign a tee shirt for me.
    Take cash and get there early for the ammo.
    Good time to be had by all.

4. KBlue

KBlue New Member

I <3 the Knob Creek shoot out. The first time I went was that year Tom Green was filming a bit for the tonight show (2002?). The night shoot is uber fun. the whole experience is like disneyland for gun nuts.

5. tomgodd

tomgodd Active Member

I have been to several shoots at Knob Creek. It is a BLAST! The best advice is to bring a set of ear plugs and ear muffs, and wear both. It gets LOAD!

6. KBlue

KBlue New Member

that must be when I saw him. I know I went every year from 2002-2007. Everything kind of runs together.

7. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Started planning for knob creek machine gun shoot,and someone told me,the patton museum moved out of west point,ky-to atlanta georgia. anybody know?...when did that happen?...that sucks. was planning on checking it out. guess not if that's true

8. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Didn't see any celeb's,but in one word -WOW!!! Disneyland for gun nuts is right.

9. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Hickok-45 on you tube

HICKOK 45 on YOU TUBE-Has a video of the Knob creek machine gun shoot,It has STEVE LEE singing I LIKE GUNS-I didn't see steve lee there and I was all over the place. But video's don't lie. Anyway I am new on the computer,and can't bring up the video for you. YOU will have to go to YOU TUBE under HICKOK 45 to see it. There are thousands of people there,helacopters flying over and machine guns being fired at cars that are burning. Worth watching that's for sure. I won't miss next april's machine gun shoot that's for sure.

10. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Started to plan my trip to Knob Creek Kentucky...For the Machine gun shoot...Can't Wait.....Hopefully Ted Nugent...is their this year......Anybody else going in APRIL.....8, 9, & 10th...2011???........:D:D:D

11. blitzen25cat

blitzen25cat New Member

I have been going for the last eight years in April and October. You never know when a celeb will be there. On one of my trips I had the opportunity to meet and spend some time with Randy Weaver of Ruby Ridge. Make sure that you bring some quality hearing protection. I guarantee you will have a great time and you will be back. Best regards.:D

12. 7.62 Man

7.62 Man New Member

You were not there spring of "08" unless you were in a boat.
    It flooded out that show.

13. blitzen25cat

blitzen25cat New Member

Your right 7.62. The shoot was cancelled in 2008 due to flooding. Should have been more specific in my post. Sorry about that

14. 7.62 Man

7.62 Man New Member

That is the only one I've missed in the last five years.
    I hope that don't happen again.

15. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Packing-up the cars and heading-out to the Machine-Gun-Shoot at Knobcreek...Two cars on this road trip.....See you in Knobcreek-Kentucky!!!...:D

16. blitzen25cat

blitzen25cat New Member

Hey longhair This is the first one that I'll miss since the flood due to my son's hernia surgery. Family first but I'm sure gonna miss it. Post something when you get back.Have fun best regards.:D

17. wmille01

wmille01 New Member

I hope I'll be there...

18. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

ANYBODY going this year ???.....I'm taking this October off from going...My buddies and I are planning on the April shoot next year....Money is short this year...If anybody goes ...Post some Pictures.........