Knight MK-85

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by Plinkster, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Plinkster

Plinkster New Member

Ok whats the problem I have this loaded and the percussion cap I struck but not going off powder is dry tried it with 3 caps!!! And what I think is the spring is wore out so where can I buy one it's part #33 nimrich parts or what ever it's call is not listing that part indivually but they do have a screw kit or something like that and it has a spring. Thanks and happy grouping!

Sent from my iPad in Iowa using Firearms Talk

2. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Yep, you need the hammer screw kit.

3. Plinkster

Plinkster New Member

Ok thank you so much you just saved me 600 dollars. Ok so where would I buy a stock.

4. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

5. TLuker

TLuker New Member

Check your safety on the bolt. The safety I'm talking about screws down and looks like part of the bolt. If it is screwed down it will not allow the bolt to strike the cap. You can see this guy unscrewing the safety 37 seconds into the video.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9pJUycMidU[/ame]

6. Plinkster

Plinkster New Member

Oh that's not it it hits the cap but doesn't go off I was hunting and the safety is off.

7. TLuker

TLuker New Member

Is the cap not going off or the charge?

8. Plinkster

Plinkster New Member

The cap.

9. TLuker

TLuker New Member

I don't know what to tell you about the spring, but I would double check that screw safety I was talking about and make sure it is screwed all the way back. That screw safety will let the gun fire like normal but it keeps the hammer just far enough back to prevent it from hitting the cap. It looks like it's hitting the cap but it isn't. It wouldn't take much for that screw to loosen a little and create the exact problem you are having.

Good luck.

10. Plinkster

Plinkster New Member

Ok thanks