Kit AR's?

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Sickofnotliving, Apr 2, 2012.

1. Sickofnotliving

Sickofnotliving New Member

Oes anyone have experience with the AR kits that include everything except the stripped lower receiver?

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Is there a particular kit you are looking at?

3. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

And budget.

4. Quentin

Quentin New Member

And what uses?

5. Duck4Glocks

Duck4Glocks New Member

I found one on a website that is trustworthy and the kit come with everything except the stripped lower for $420. I have a buddy who bought one but it's a lower quality rifle. If your budget is higher than that I would suggest building one.

6. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Ducks, gotta ask this, as I keep seeing the 'it's a lower quality AR'. Please identify who makes it and what, exactly, makes you cite it as lower quality. Not trying to be a jerk, just want some additional information.

7. JSDenson07

JSDenson07 New Member

Curious As well..

8. Duck4Glocks

Duck4Glocks New Member

I'm still not sure who makes it. I can email the company who sells them and ask. I've seen the completed rifle but I'm still not sure.

Here is the site. It's their mobile site so hopefully it works.

http://e-sarcoinc.com/search.aspx?find=AR150

9. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

AR15 Parts Kit with Flat top upper with detachable carrying handle & rear sight - Build your own AR15 type rifle. Our kits include all parts necessary to put together an AR15 type rifle except for the the lower receiver. Included are stocks, G.I. handguards, new 16" barrel, flat top upper receiver and all internal parts. Sold as disassembled kits. Parts are new or like new. All parts are now supplied with M4 type (4 position) telescoping stock. Sling and mag not included. No FFL required.
    Note: Kit supplied with G.I. excellent bolt carrier modified to semi auto

The lack of relevant information is disturbing.

The last sentence is downright hilarious.

You will get what you pay for.

You will also need a stock wrench, barrel wrench, torque wrench, vise and upper receiver block, as well as some other miscellaneous tools.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  10. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Sarco actually is a pretty good source for parts, etc. This kit might be a challenge though.

A shame they had to shave down the M16 carrier.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  11. JSDenson07

JSDenson07 New Member

Haha ya know what I want to just order this. I'm really interested to see why everyone wants a "bargain" AR..dont get me wrong I have two budget ARs I did but my budget still allowed for name brand and quality parts. rra, colt, bcm, olympic, magpul access.. I dont mean to sound like I'm better but I just dont like junk, am I the only one who feels that way ?

12. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Can you say that again? You're gonna get a Sarco kit or not?

13. Duck4Glocks

Duck4Glocks New Member

Yeah a buddy of mine bought this kit, he hasn't shot it yet, but the m16 carrier is really short. It's hard to get your fingers in.

The kit overall from what I can tell has new parts. Some may be used but it's hard to tell. It has a tiny buttstock. The rifle looks okay, has kind of a soft finish. I wish he would get it completed and shoot it so I can see how it shoots. He has it assemble but doesn't have the castle nut wrench and the hand guard vise. Not a bad AR15 but I wouldn't choose it for my first AR.

14. JSDenson07

JSDenson07 New Member

Sorry the sarcasm was lost in text form...

15. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Ah, gotcha now! I didn't see it the first go round.

16. JSDenson07

JSDenson07 New Member

Ha yeah sorry. Im just kinda lost as to why people would skimp on something that contains an explosion a foot and a half in front of their face..

17. Duck4Glocks

Duck4Glocks New Member

I know you were being sarcastic, but my buddy did what you said. He has money for guns, he bought a Black Rain AR and still hasn't shot it. He bought this just to see what the quality of it would be. He suggest I buy one but I told him "I would build my own and you can test out this rifle for me..."

18. JSDenson07

JSDenson07 New Member

Smart call. I dont want to sound mean but lets explore a fake situation for a sec..you have an unexpected financial problem and have NO way out of it other than to sell a firearm. Which sells better colt or www.cheapa55ARs.com. Not only this but lets look at this there is a projectile moving at 3240 feet per second away from you and behind it is a ball of exploding expanding gases oh by the way its a foot from your face. Do you really want to cut it cheap and skimp on quality parts? How much is your life worth? Is it worth saving a couple hundred bucks?

19. Duck4Glocks

Duck4Glocks New Member

Totally agree. I built my AR for around $800 and that's with some parts that I wanted and spent a little more on parts that you can go cheaper on like the butt stock, handguard, and sights, the parts that are okay to go cheaper on. You can find a s&w M&p 15 sport for $600. Where they have gone cheaper on the barrel(melonite vs chrome lined), no forward assist, no dust cover and a cheaper trigger. But it is still a reliable rifle that has been proven by many AR abusers.

So for that kit your looking at $450 shipped, I think. Then $80 to $100 for a lower reciever. That's $550. For $50 more you can find a M&p 15 sport. I'd go with name brand and warranty for $50 over that $550 skeptically kit any day.

20. Sickofnotliving

Sickofnotliving New Member

Model 1 sales, A2 standard kit, 20 inch barrel. I really just want a simple .556. I dont do any harsh shooting and I always have my ak should there be a shtf crisis. Just wondering if you guys had any experience or suggestions. Thank you very much