Kinetacore Dry Needle Therapy :eek:

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by DeltaF, Oct 18, 2013.

1. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

So I started physical therapy and they're asking if I want to do Kinetacore. Basically they want to stab me with a bunch of needles.

Anybody ever heard of this? Experienced it? Told their doctor or therapist HELL NO!

I can't find any REAL reviews online.

2. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

3. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

Nobody on here knows about getting stabbed? I'm about to pull in. :eek:

4. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

Well, how did it go? What did it cost? Would a tattoo have been cheaper?

5. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

It was paid for by my insurance.

The needle ***** wasn't bad. The muscle spasms following were impressive. I had steroid injections between the bones of my wrist that hurt less. The therapist said I took the prize for tightest neck ever.

By the time I got home I felt like I had just got done shoulder pressing 300 lbs.

6. MisterMcCool

7. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

I don't know just yet. I've got another 2 weeks of exercises and stim and needle sticks to go.

8. MisterMcCool

I won't take the pain medicine. I have had relief from a chiropractor. If it comes to surgery, I will have the surgery. I just don't believe in witchcraft. :p

9. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

This isn't acupuncture. There's solid western science behind it.

10. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

It's acupuncture with electro-stim therapy. I've had e-stim without the needles. It helped a bit after my back surgery as a part of the whole physical therapy regimen. I had a good physical therapist and recovered pretty quick after the surgery because of it.

11. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

I did stim for years. Never had the crazy effect this crap did.

And my father in law has done acupuncture. He said it was nothing like what they did to me. He said they used a lot more needles but not as deep or aggressive.

12. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

The idea is to get the deeper muscle fibers to fire as well as the shallow ones. It is a heck of a workout. I think of it as being almost like controlled deep dart tasering.

13. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

Honestly, that's about what it felt like.

14. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

15. MCarter788

MCarter788 New Member

I am a chiropractor and I have read up on dry needle therapy before. It is becoming increasingly popular because it does have the ability to reach more depths within the muscle belly as opposed to other surface electrical stimulators. If the indication is correct then I hear that it can be very helpful. Hopefully that was your case.

16. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

We'll see. This is just day 2 of many. I've had so many different crazy things done to me its not funny. Some worked some didn't.

17. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Surgery would be my very last resort. I know very few people who got relief from back or neck pain after surgery.

18. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

Doc said max life on disc surgery is 30 years. Then they blow our like a tire and you're getting them fused.

19. MCarter788

MCarter788 New Member

Be careful with surgery. A lot of the major surgeries will leave you with further problems later on in life. Fusions are really bad because they then increase the rate of degeneration of the joints above and below them. Simple solution is to take care of your spine so it never gives you problems. Remember you only get one, there is no spinal replacement surgery!

20. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

Heh. My spine got "taken care of" alright. By an F250's pipe bumper.