kinda off topic

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by lilrichthedragon, Oct 1, 2012.

1. lilrichthedragon

lilrichthedragon New Member

Sorry but I have a 92 timberwolf 2wd 250cc engine and a slight to moderate oil leak in the area where the head is bolted to the engine. I was wondering if oil stop leak would work. If so which kind

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

Man, it's only a four Wheeler, and a small one at that. Don't shortcut this, just pull it and replace that gasket. You'll be glad you did.

3. lilrichthedragon

The thing is I overhauled it about 4 years ago and it leaked then

4. lilrichthedragon

Is there anything to go with a new gasket. That you would recommend

5. WebleyFosbery38

WebleyFosbery38 Active Member

Better "true out" the contacting head surfaces, might be warped, if its a tiny bit, sometimes you can lap them by hand on a perfectly flat stone with some lapping compound otherwise you need to have it milled professionally.

Dont use plug sludge, you will regret the day you did. That stuff goes places you never hoped it would and its very hard to get it out of the block once its in.

If the head is true, get a new gasket, some gasket sealer and a torque wrench and make sure you set them all the same

6. lilrichthedragon

I really hope its not warped. I work alot so was looking for a quick fix but its probably a better idea to do it right

7. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I agree with the gentlemen above about putting some kind of stop leak in.

To check if head is warped, gently put it on a piece of glass and try to rock it gently.

Other than that I would consider replacing the gasket with a little permatex on both sides.