Kinda bummed...

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Mosin, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

So, I bought the federal value pack at Wal Mart, of 100 rounds of 5.56. I get home and load up three magazines...that's 90 rounds. Have 10 rounds left, start to partially load a magazine... 1...2.....8....
    8 rounds.
    For those playing the home game, that's 98 rounds of ammo...NOT 100.:mad:

So, that's about 80 cents lost, which is fine, I don't mind that too much, but I think it speaks volumes to their quality control. But then I started thinking...

Magpul makes the miad grip, based on the idea that two or three rounds might save your life... so what the heck?! That's 2 rounds!!!

What if I was attacked by EXACTLY 100 zombies?!

What if I had bought a 100 pack of balloons for the range?!

What if i had brought 100 of my friends to the range with the explicit promise that each would get to fire ONE round...

What if the good lord had taken the same quality control when he made me?...
    two eyes,
    two kidneys
    two lungs
    two arms
    two legs

two...:eek:

Seriously, if your quality control can't count to 100, how am I expected to trust that you know how to measure powder, seat a primer, make something that will safely explode next to my face 100-excuse me, 98 times...:rolleyes:

I am emailing this to Federal, I will keep any response updated.:cool:

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

You know why this old man sleeps well at night?

When I buy bulk ammo, I NEVER count it. [​IMG]

Besides, I don't have 100 friends to take to the range.

Mosin, you're puttin' way too much thought into this! [​IMG]

3. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

Perhaps a couple of your mags took 31?

4. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I was hoping so...but not that lucky... i checked.

Actually, I was like "Sweet!!! My mags take 31 rounds..." recounted and was like "*&%@"

5. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Are you really going to go 100 for 100 killing zombies?;). How do you know that a machine doesn't cycle the ammo into boxes? That's why it's called bulk, you don't count it.:)

6. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

This would have been true, back when I bought ammo in 2005...at 2005 prices however, it's 2012...

7. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Somewhere someone has a box with 102 rounds...buy enough and chances are you'll get the 2 rounds back...:p

8. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Mosin, Have you ever counted the rounds in a bulk pack of .22LR? If not, don't.

9. trip286

trip286 New Member

I have. 500 round box. I can't even remember now if I was low or had a few extra. Been a lot of crap that's happened since then. I think I had like 3 extra.

10. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

Never count the .22, it's cheap enough.

11. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Holy ****! I just got back from Walley World, I bought a 100 rnd value pack of Federal 5.56 ... and got 2 extra rounds! :eek:

Sweet, Christmas come early at casa de Dog :D

:p

12. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

If it says 100 rounds on the outside of the box...that's what should be on the inside.

13. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Not to be a dick, but are you sure you know how to count to 100? I mean that is a pretty big number......;)

14. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

No, that's why it's so easier going by magazines. 30, 60, 90, ... 8. 98 rounds.

Magazines are like the slide rule of the ammunition world.

15. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

No, that's why it's so easier going by magazines. 30, 60, 90, ... 8. 98 rounds.

Magazines are like the slide rule of the ammunition world.

16. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Wasnt the initial thought behind the three rounds in the grip to serve as an S-O-S notification when your troops arrive in the area? I remember reading that was how a downed, or other, member could identify himself without just walking right out into the open.

Perhaps just Interwebz myth. :confused:

17. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

So there you go, you double-tapped! ;)

Just giving you a hard time Mosin- no hard feelings?

18. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

None taken vikingdad. You make me laugh.

19. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Good! That's how it was intended.:D

20. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

UPDATE!!! :-D

Here is the response I just received. Actually I had forgotten completely about this, and sent them my post as a joke, but they just responded, cut and paste...

Jeff,

Great word pictures and thank you for the feedback. This is not the quality standard that we expect at Federal Premium and we apologize for your inconvenience. I would like to send you a check for $5.00 to cover the cost of the two missing shells I just need your address.

Thanks
    Federal Premium