Kimber

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by nzstump, Jan 19, 2012.

1. nzstump

nzstump New Member

I'm thinking of spending the money on a Kimber ultra carry with crimson sights or a Colt defender of course .45 cal any opinions????

2. jismail

jismail Member

tons of opinions either way and both are fine weapons - do yourself a favor and rent both and shoot them, then make up your own mind on which one feels best to you.

3. MrWray

MrWray New Member

4. nzstump

nzstump New Member

Sounds like good advice thank you gentlemen

5. rifleshooter474

rifleshooter474 New Member

I just traded mine off for a Colt Gov. Mod. 1911 .45. Unless you really understand the smaller 3" 1911s don't think they are problem free or can just shoot all types of JHP Ammo. they can't.
    Mine shot ok but kept breaking the ejectors, Kimber has now redesigned the ejectors.
    I just don't want any type of 1911 under 4 inch bbl.;)

6. nzstump

nzstump New Member

Thank you guys for the input

7. 007BondJamesBond007

007BondJamesBond007 New Member

If you get the Kimber or the Colt for that matter make sure you fire at least 500 to break it in and test to make sure it is reliable.

8. rifleshooter474

rifleshooter474 New Member

Any under 4" 1911 Colt Kimber what ever, you better be ready for some FTF problems in around 500+ shot. Also watch the recoil spring Assys. have a extra to install as they will sure need replacing.
    The small .45 1911s are tricky about how well they shoot JHPs the flat nosed ones will not work, they won't feed well or at all.
    I did get my Kimber Ultra Carry II to shoot well after around 1000rds and a new recoil spring Assy. but it was a ejector breaker.
    Kimber had redesigned the ejector, but I just traded it off for a fullsized Colt .45.

9. nzstump

nzstump New Member

Ok, dam yall give dam info Thank You very much

10. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Just make you get some good mags too. Wilson combats, chip McCormick, tripp research.

11. rslayden

rslayden New Member

I use a Kimber 3" SIS Ultra. When I first got it I found it had some feed issues. After a few hundred rounds and figuring out which rounds it likes best, I haven't had problems. I change the springs after the recommended rounds. It seems to me that it is or was very susceptible to limp wrist. I actually could watch the slide cycle sometimes. But I haven't had these problems for years. My only "complaint" is the size of the grip. It is short for concealability and I'd like just a little more. I'd suggest trying one out to see how you like the fit.
    All that said, it is my primary carry and I trust it.

12. nzstump

nzstump New Member

Yes and thank you, I've plan at the very least 200 rounds