Kimber vs. Springfield

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Blaze, Jan 21, 2013.

1. Blaze

Blaze New Member

I'm a springfield fan, and I'm waiting on the loaded champion but come across a few Kimbers, so just wanted to see the pro's & con's of you guy's opinions ..
    Tell me what you get !

2. badasstruck

badasstruck New Member

Funny how you can find kimbers and not springers?? That should give you a hint! Lol
    Honestly, I've never shot a kimber, but have heard some bad things as far as what your getting for your money!(have heard good things too btw)
    I KNOW I love my two Springers I own( MC Operator and range officer) Awesome shooters and ZERO reliability issues!

3. InDefenseofLiberty

InDefenseofLiberty New Member

The largest difference between them is that you can buy a used Springfield and have a warranty from an awesome company so that if you EVER have a problem they will fix it no questions.

My sister has a stainless springfield 1911 in 9mm she bought used. It had a occasional fte issue. She sent it to springfield and they not only fixed that issue but they did a bunch of little tweaks and polishing that just make the fit and finish better. This cost her nothing and it runs like a champ now. You will rarely have problems with a major manufacturer anyway (including Kimber) however, it is nice to get support should you need it and Kimber won't give it to you. That pretty much seals it for me.

Kimber? 1 year warranty IF you are the original purchaser. Zero support past that.

4. otisthecat

otisthecat New Member

Have two Kimbers, both are exceptional and I have no regrets. That said, the owner of my LGS and range is a Kimber fanatic, would gladly assist with any issues (haven't had any with either gun), so the crap warranty wasn't an concern for me.

You're really not going to go wrong with either (or Colt, Sig, STI, etc), so just get what works for you.

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Sorry, but there is no place for Kimbers in my safe.

6. Blaze

Blaze New Member

I have these SA's already and wanting the champion in the worst way and then a colt commander after that

image-2494595037.jpg

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
  7. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Very nice looking firearms!!! Why is it when you get one 1911, they always multiply!!!!:D. BTW what is that top 1911 in the pic? I might have to get one of those.;)

8. Blaze

Blaze New Member

It's a SA loaded target black & stainless.. I love it.. I bought my first 1911 on Dec. 31st and got the last two on Jan.2nd and 11th ... I'm probably going after the commander in a few weeks.. I'm hooked bad lol

image-4150642509.jpg

9. otisthecat

otisthecat New Member

Gorgeous! Was thinking something from STI for 1911 #4, but will have to give SA a serious look!

10. Blaze

Blaze New Member

You can't go wrong with a SA very reliable and one of the best warranties around

11. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

I finally got my elusive SR1911 and then we bought ZG a Rem R1.

image-845982065.jpg

12. Blaze

Blaze New Member

Looks great .... I bought my SR1911 last year when they came out but didn't like it ... But I'm on list at my LGS for a new one

13. Gunsnob

Gunsnob New Member

Until he goes out of business, then you're screwed! :p

14. Gunsnob

Gunsnob New Member

Nice fingers in the trigger guard.

15. jakewpns

jakewpns New Member

all honesty, either would be great choices. both great quality i have shot both, i have owned 2 kimbers and shot several springfields. Id say it just depends what flavor you want. What is it exactly you are looking for? we have a range officer, 2 kimbers, and 6 sigs here at our shop. when you have variety it all comes down to preference on asthetics