Kimber Update

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by stag1, Apr 2, 2011.

1. stag1

stag1 New Member

Well, I now have 300 rounds thru my new Kimber Stainless TLE II without a single problem. This includes 50 rounds of my own hand rolled JHP's.

I know to some this comes as a shock as there is no way possible that such a crappy company like Kimber and all their MIM parts could be running like this. Don't worry, I am sure I will have a FTF, FTE or something sometime.:rolleyes:

2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

It's obvious your gun is defective since it is operating properly. No problem, send it to me and I'll properly dispose of it...:D

3. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Yeah, Kimber's really are pieces of crap....I only trust my life to mine.

4. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Of late I have been carrying one of the really, really crappy 3 inch Kimbers - I must be delusional or something...:D

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I've been looking for broken MIM parts (as research to see what parts break most often).

Send me your handgun, and I'll try to break some parts.

I've never had a Kimber.

6. HAVEGUN

HAVEGUN New Member

I suspect a troll.
    Such a ridiculous claim!

7. stag1

stag1 New Member

lol...I guess I will have to cut it into multiple pieces and send each one a chunck :D

8. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

Mine is defective as well, I took her out on the 29th (had to shoot a 1911 on the anniversary) and put another about 200 rounds through my TLE. Bringing the total to 572 so far.

And again not a jam, sputter, or cough. This was my best 25 yard group with concentraited sloooow fire. I just wish they all looked like this at this distance:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  9. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

There's exactly 500 rounds through my Pro Carry II now and as unbelievable as it may seem, it has not broken yet. :rolleyes:

10. stag1

stag1 New Member

This forum is just full of broken Kimber's or 1911's of any kind, isnt it. :p

11. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

Also the 122 rounds of +P 230 grain Hollow Points that I fired through it so far haven't jammed or blown up the gun yet.

Mine is definetly broken :rolleyes:

12. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Why the hate? Did someone force that Kimber on you?

300 rounds downrange? Give it a chance to disappoint you. You probably haven't even dropped it yet! ;)

13. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Make sure my "chunck" [sic] doesn't have Kimber stamped on it! :p