Kimber ultra CDP II

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by Vintongunguy, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Vintongunguy

Vintongunguy New Member

I have been having feeding issues with this pistol, it will shoot a couple of rounds then extract spent round and half feed the next live round. I have replaced the mag and the recoil and firing pin spring but still having the same issues. Was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

welcome to FTF.
    What kind of ammo are you using? Hollow points?

3. Vintongunguy

Vintongunguy New Member

No I have been using 230 grain fmj ball ammo from the factory. This is driving me crazy I've never had problems with Kimbers before

4. Vintongunguy

Vintongunguy New Member

Thanks for the welcome also

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Sounds like they are hanging up on the feed ramp. I would suggest trying a different ammo before taking it to a gunsmith.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  6. bigrock44

bigrock44 New Member

Run your finger across the feed ramp as if it was a round being loaded into the chamber, to see if you cannot feel any nicks or burrs on the feed ramp. That may also be what's causing your issues.

7. cuba

cuba New Member

Sounds like your slide is out running your magazine spring and causing a FTF, check magazine spring by placing two rounds under the mag spring, and firing the pistol if it function correctly you need to replace your mag spring, it also could be that the your pistol is over sprung with too stout of an action spring, I would check those areas first before trying to modify the feed ramp (bad juju).

shoot safe, shoot straight, and have fun

8. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Is the gun new?
    How many rounds down the tube?
    When you said you changed mags, what does that mean? You bought new mags or just swapped it with another Kimber mag?

IMHO, Kimber has junk mags, but then compared to Tripp Cobra mags and SS Colt mags, they all are profit centers where cost is cut.

Without the above answers it's tough to diagnosis your problem.