Kimber Ultra CDP II

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by falseharmonix, Feb 8, 2009.

1. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

Hello all,

If Illinois decides to pass the carry laws, I'll be in the market for a carry weapon. Even if they don't, I'm thinking about adding a little more punch to my arsenal than my 9mm. My local gun shop is a Kimber dealer, and I've had my eyes on an Ultra CDP II for a while.

Does anyone have one, and if so, what are your opinions on said weapon? I know several of you are Kimber owners and speak highly of the brand.

**DISCLAIMER**

I will shoot and decide for myself if I want to purchase a weapon. Just looking for 'owner reviews' of this one.

2. Silver Trigger

Silver Trigger New Member

How yea doin' false. I just bought a Pro CDP II and it is awsome. I got the 4" barrel because it felt better in my hand. I assume you've been to the Kimber web site? Choosing a kimber is definetly a hard choice with all they're makes and models. All I can really say is that I love mine and if you buy one you'll love yours.

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I have a Colt Defender 3" 45 ACP and believe it uses the same recoil system as the kimber. (Or vise-versa) It has all the limits of a large bore, short barrel gun. Then again, it has all the good things that accompany a large bore self defense weapon.

I love my Defender, 8 +1 JHP in about as small a package as needed for easy concealed carry.

It's deadly at CQB distance (4M or ~12.5') and the carry weight is just right. It feels like a much larger gun than the small envelope it fits into.

I have had it for just over 5 monts and it cost < $800. A bargan for Colt quality and several hundred less than your kimber.

You need to do your due-dilligence and find The One that's right for you, but do your self a favor and give the Colt Defender or the Colt New Agent a look before you cash out!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

False - I have had three Kimbers in my safe, I still have two, and all of them have performed as advertised. I have never owned the CDP, but I have handled it and I have shot it and it's a good piece of kit. The aluminum frame does snap a bit, with 230 grain ball or +P, but it handles the load well and it does put rounds on target as expected.

I would have no problems recommending the CDP for someone who was looking for a good, lightweight alternative to the full steel 1911.

JD

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Damn it Cane, take your medication, or I will send a Haitian hooker over there to feed it to you. :D

JD

7. freefall

freefall New Member

I have a Kimber Compact (4" barrel, 6 rd mag) it eats everything and shoots where you point it. What more do you want?