Kimber Ultra Carry II for CC

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by lehill66, Jul 24, 2012.

1. lehill66

lehill66 New Member

Anyone have any experience carrying with a Kimber Ultra Carry? How is it in terms of feel, concealability, weight, etc.?

If you got pics of your CC set-up with this gun that would be great!

2. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

Dont have any experience with it but r lee ermey says never trust a 1911 with anything shorter than a 4 inch barrell :)

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Yea, and he sells glocks. WYP?

4. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

Its not a tack driver thats for sure. As for carry the grip still prints if you wear it under your shirt. If youre set on kimber check out the solo

5. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

point taken

6. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

I had a great ultra covert II and I think its a great cc pistol and self-defense weapon but not a go to war gun. Mine would have some feeding issues after about 50 rounds but it would dupm out a few full mags in a crissis no issues. I however did sell it and went with a full sized Sig. I also didn't Care for the fact it needed a special little tool to field strip it for cleaning.

ForumRunner_20120724_235027.jpg

I love the crimson trace grips and skeleton trigger so I added those features to my Sig, would part with it for bail money.

ForumRunner_20120724_235258.jpg

7. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Mouse guns in .45 ACP are great for what they are, CQB guns, close as in smell the tango's bad-breath close. I'm talkin' stipple leavin' close.

If you want the best, take a look at the Colt Defender or New Agent. Neither needs a bobby pin to field strip.

Attached Files:

8. lehill66

lehill66 New Member

Not totally set on Kimber. I'm just looking for a good quality carry gun that is small enough to conceal and be comfortable. Currently I have an XD 45 w/ 4" barrel, so you can imagine my issues with concealing it...I plan to keep that as my under the bed weapon due it's 13+1 capacity and great accuracy.

I'm also looking at the S&W Shield .40. The width is 0.9", which is a huge difference from both my current XD and all the Kimber 1911's (usually 1.2")

Sounds like the concensus is 1911's are not a good CC weapon

9. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

Not if your 100lbs!..........lol

10. lehill66

lehill66 New Member

Yeah I agree. But I think if I did encounter a situation where I would need to pull my CCW, it would be a CQB. Because let's face it, if they are 25 yards away, am I really in a life or death situation? Unless they had a gun and were firing at me from afar. But not as likely a scenario. So I'm ok with the short barrel mouse gun.

THanks for the suggestion on the Defender. That looks like a nice quality, smaller, carry gun

11. lehill66

lehill66 New Member

Ha. haven't been there since high school.....

12. gearhead396

gearhead396 New Member

I was thinking the same thing

13. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

check out the SA Loaded Micro Compact 45. 3" barrel and lightweight. steel slide and aluminum frame. pretty dang accurate for short barreled pistol.

Attached Files:

14. KeysKelly

KeysKelly New Member

I have a Kimber Super Carry Ultra + that is my favorite carry gun of all. Holds 9 rounds of .45 and can be hiddin in just about any style of dress. I usually carry in in a Fanny Pack but just ordered a Galco King Tuk for it that I am waiting for to be delivered. The Super Carry with the 3" barrel is more accurate for me than my full size Springfield 1911 with the 5" barrel.

Kimbers in general are a pain in the butt to strip and clean but they shoot like a dream.

15. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I like it.

[​IMG]

But found much more utility in the Commander size.

[​IMG]

16. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

Can you hit a target at 25 yards?

So can a bad guy!

17. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

I have a Kimber ultra carry, rides most of the time in a C/B super tuck, sometimes in a galco when its gets colder and running thicker clothing.. And on a rare occasion the galco shoulder rig.

I have run over 1k rounds through it w/o a hick up. I ran ball, and a variety of hp to ensure reliability. I also have a XDM compact and thats a great ccw piece too, only benifit is more rounds on tap.

18. levelcross

levelcross New Member

I have a Kimber Ultra CDP II and love it, I carry it IWB in a home made rig, the grip prints if you are not careful.

That said my next pistol is going to be a Wiley Clapp Colt Commander, it just feels so right, looks smoking hot, and it is a COLT.

19. lehill66

lehill66 New Member

Good to hear! I just got back from my local gun shop and they had the Kimber Ultra Carry II to for me to look at. I tried it in a few holsters and it fit like a glove on the smaller of my back. It was very lightweight (granted unloaded, but I can still tell the comparison). It just felt very comfortable. Now I just need to find somewhere I can test fire this model before I commit

20. lehill66

lehill66 New Member

Can you keep me updated when you get your King Tuk holster? I really like these style holsters and am curious to see how it works out for you.