Kimber Super Jagare 10MM -Feedback Wanted

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by Benchmark, Sep 20, 2020.

1. Benchmark

Benchmark New Member

Looking for feedback from users.

2. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo Well-Known Member

I don't own a Jagare so take my opinion with a grain of salt. That said I have owned my fair share of Kimbers (probably 10 or so over the years); and I still own a Super Carry Pro that is my go to gun when I carry. So I'm far from being anti-Kimber. Onward; I currently own 6 or 7 10mm pistols including a Delta Elite, a Razorback, a VBOB, a couple of EAA Witness' etc. My first thoughts here are that for that kind of money you can get into a Dan Wesson with the same features. The DW is a much higher quality gun. Might also take a good look at the EAAs too. You'd save yourself quite a bit of money and have a much more versatile gun of at least comparable quality and better or at least more features.

BullMoose429 likes this.

3. Benchmark

Benchmark New Member

With that said, do you mean by saying I’d save quite a bit of money and have a much more versatile gun with more features if I buy a Kodiak?

4. oO_Rogue_Oo

I was referring to the EAA guns with that comment but yes I would consider the Kodiak a better gun. and you get the benefit of a 6" long slide with it; although you wouldn't save anything with it if you put a red-dot on it. More gun for your money for sure

Benchmark likes this.
  5. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

My daughter bought a 10mm Witness, the frame cracked on about the 10th round.
    Not bashing, just saying.

Benchmark, Rifling82 and primer1 like this.
  6. BullMoose429

BullMoose429 Well-Known Member Supporter

For the price of the Super Jugare or a Dan Wesson you can buy a pretty sweet 44 mag or 454 Casull (sorry but I had to- no 10 mm post is complete without a revolver guy crowbarring in something about a 44 or 454 ). In all seriousness- I agree on the Dan Wesson and the EAA Witness. Freefall- EAA is known for fairly good quality- every manufacturer has the occasional manufacturing defect- even CZ, Ruger, Smith and Wesson etc

oO_Rogue_Oo and Benchmark like this.
  7. Pasquanel

Pasquanel Proud to be an American Supporter

I own a standard size Kimber in 10 mm and have had no issues it functions flawlessly and is very accurate it's a bit of a handful compared to the .45.

Benchmark and BullMoose429 like this.
  8. Benchmark

Benchmark New Member

Bummer. Factory ammo? Steel or polymer frame? The drawback I have with EAA is it comes with only 1 magazine, ugh.

9. freefall

Steel frame, factory ammo, I disremember the brand.

10. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

Is that a decider?

11. oO_Rogue_Oo

I am aware that EAA had an issue with their "wonder" finish and had some cracking issues but not aware of any issues with the standard steel frame.

I own a Witness Stock and a Witness compact; both in 10mm with thousands of rounds through each and never a single issue. I competed with the Stock for a while so it probably has 40 or 50K rounds through it and the Compact probably about 5k through it. I load my own ammo and it's loaded fairly hot; for sure hotter than commonly available 10mm factory ammo.

Rifling82 likes this.
  12. oO_Rogue_Oo

I would consider EAA and Kimber to be of equal quality. Actually when I think about it I don't think any of the manufacturers listed in this post have a clear quality advantage other than Dan Wesson (when limiting the discussion to semi-auto pistols).

BullMoose429 likes this.
  13. BullMoose429

That’s what I was saying. Even though his daughter’s EAA cracked I would not let that dissuade someone from buying an EAA- they are known for being fairly good quality

Benchmark, Rifling82 and oO_Rogue_Oo like this.
  14. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

You can get revolvers in 10mm. Ruger makes Blackhawks and GP-100's in 10mm.

BullMoose429 and Rifling82 like this.
  15. freefall

If you're going to carry a revolver it's tres easy to carry one in a truly effective caliber.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
  16. Benchmark

Benchmark New Member

I bought them both, Jagare and Kodiak.

BullMoose429 and oO_Rogue_Oo like this.
  17. freefall

Ooh,head to head comparison review coming!

BullMoose429 likes this.
  18. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Now that they have a cheaper option than the $7,500 Field Pistol and Added multi-caliber capability, I may actually consider one of these. 7.5mm, 10mm, .40S&W, and 9mm.

upload_2020-10-3_18-39-46.jpeg

https://fkbrnous.com/psd/

Benchmark likes this.
  19. BullMoose429

What is the price on the “cheaper” one?
    It, to me, looks like a CZ75 that accidentally walked into a tacticool suburban commando makeover

Benchmark and Rifling82 like this.
  20. Benchmark

Benchmark New Member

Will do