Kimber Super Carry Pro

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by Leatherneck1775, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Leatherneck1775

Leatherneck1775 New Member

Okay, I finally got to go to the range and shot my latest(and last according to the wife) addition, The Kimber Super Carry Pro.

I was shooting Winchester 230gr. ball rounds, the temp was 25 F. with no wind. I shot mainly at 10 yards, but tryed one clip at 25. 8inch target.
    All and all the weapon was a dream to fire. I had one issue with the second clip that I bought, it kept misfeeding on the last round. I have read this can be resolved by loading and leaving it sit over night. Other wise the gun fired without fail.
    I had a lot of fear that I would regret selling my Glock 22 and using the money to fund this pricey indever. All of that fear washed away with the first round down range.
    I feel that it was shooting 3 inches to the left but this could just be me. Ill find out with more range time.
    Total shots fired = 50. the wife also shot off a clip and enjoyed it. big +
    I will answer any questions to the best of my ability.

Attached Files:

2. Leatherneck1775

here is a short video, sorry if it sucks it was shot on my phone.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ypN8lhKyGw]YouTube - Ben shooting kimber super carry pro[/ame]

3. Leatherneck1775

forgot a pic of the gun. not my pic much better than anything I can take but it is just the same.

Attached Files:

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Good stuff and if your wife likes it, even better. :cool:

5. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Nice pics...the irony of the "fragile - handle with care" label juxtaposed against those bullet holes is priceless...:p

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Looks like a keeper........both of them! :eek:

7. SGT_Calle

SGT_Calle New Member

Thanks for the report. I have been lusting after the new Super Carry Custom and Pro lately.

8. RugerShootinGal

RugerShootinGal New Member

Very, very nice!!! Great pictures!!

9. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I've been eyeing a supercarry ever since I learned of them but I may end up bobing my pro carry for the time being....we'll see.

Nice weapon and that's dead BG all day in my neck of the woods.

10. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Nice choice in a weapon and if the wife likes shooting it, that is always a huge plus. :)

As with any new weapon, not to mention NOT shooting in 25 degrees :eek:, you will get better and your groups will tighten up. The fact that it ran like a champ is a good sign though as I am sure the metal went from cold to smoking in a matter of a few moments. ;)

JD

11. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

What he said! I'm lazy. :cool:

My, how the the memory of a Glock fades away, when a real pistol is tried. :p

Congrats! Looks like a stable performer! :D

12. vjf915

vjf915 New Member

[​IMG]

13. Leatherneck1775

Clips/Magazines thanks for the clarification.:D

Attached Files:

14. vjf915

vjf915 New Member

I always feel compelled to post that picture when I see it used incorrectly.......but that was just a classic comeback!!!