Kimber Solo

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by littlec2, May 3, 2012.

1. littlec2

littlec2 New Member

Does anyone have a suggestion as to where I might find a Kimber Solo for sale, or where would be the best place to order one.

2. phildenton

phildenton New Member

Try the semi auto board, other than that your lga could order one if they dont have any in stock

3. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

4. Olympus

Olympus New Member

Take a number and get in line. You and several thousand other people are waiting to get their hands on one. You can pay a huge premium and buy one listed on GunBroker or you can go to your local shop and have them put your name on the list I'm sure they have to order one.

5. 7X57Mauser

7X57Mauser New Member

I guess I don't get the big deal over Kimber. Why are people willing to sell a kidney and wait 6 months for something that Kimberly says is better than sliced bread?

6. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

If you are a 1911 carrier (you practice often with the external thumb safety) and want something better than .380acp (Sig Sauer P238), then the Solo is pretty much the only game in town.

I, for one, don't like a manual safety on my carry guns.

7. Olympus

Olympus New Member

It's not just Kimber. It's anything new that hits the market then can't keep up with demand. Case in point, the Ruger SR1911. People are fighting to get their hands on one and most are paying full blown MSRP or better. Prices have came down a little now that they have been on the market a while, but not when they first came out. Just depends on how bad you want one and how hard they are to find.

8. Polygon

Polygon New Member

Not true. The Kahr PM9 can be had with an external thumb safety as well as the new S&W Shield.

9. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I would rather have the sliced bread

10. 7X57Mauser

7X57Mauser New Member

Same here, the sliced bread is worth the money, and will do what its supposed to do.

11. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

My LGS has one, it is in FREDERICKSBURG Va. If this info helps you then I'll give you more if you want it.

12. Polygon

Polygon New Member

You know, I was truly upset to find this out. It irked me that the wait is over a year. But then I started finding out that people are having some really bad problems with these things.

No thanks as well. I'll take the bread and make me a sandwich.

13. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I have had my solo for over 6 months now. I love mine. It goes with me everywhere. It shoots great, feels great and it goes bang every time. But I did have to wait about 8 months to get it. So if you have the time(who doesnt) and the $$$ then its worth the wait. If you want a great conceal carry pistol give it a try. :)

14. Dexter

Dexter New Member

I've been on a waiting list for about a year and 2months now. I just wanted a good,comfortably slim, quality gun for conceal. I'll probably end up getting something else instead and that'll be when the kimber comes in. :confused:

15. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I was at Cabelas in Grand Junction when I bought my Kahr CM9 they had at least one behind the counter. I just felt the price was way too high!!!

16. drc

drc New Member

I just picked up a M&P SHIELD in .40 very pleased with it.