Kimber Solo

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by cddbrowns, Jul 10, 2011.

1. Shot it and dont like it

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. Havent shot it but dont like it

4 vote(s)
    44.4%
  3. Shot it and like it

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. Havent shot it but like it

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

I see people that like it, I see people that dont. The question I have is, how many here have actually shot it and have an opinion on this firearm? A friend of mine has been looking for one without success and I have advised him to hold off, but he showed me several good reviews on this gun. I would just like to have something to show him to help him make up his mind. Thanks in advance guys!

Please give specifics as to why you dont like it if that is the case. The reason I ask is if its something that can be "tweeked' or looked out for, that may make a difference.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2011
  2. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

I think you have a typo in your poll options...you have the "I HAVE SHOT IT AND DO/DONT LIKE IT" options....but the other 2 are haven't shot it and don't like it....one of them should be "haven't shot it but DO like it."

3. freefall

freefall New Member

You rarely see a poor review of a gun in a mainstream magazine because they are dependent on advertising revenue from that same manufacturer for their livelihood. I once read a totally self-serving article by a Guns&Ammo writer on why "no good is accomplished by writing a negative review". This was shortly after Gun Tests magazine came out where they took no advertising, bought guns over the counter, tried them out, and wrote up the results. Has Gun Tests reviewed the Solo? I touched one at Boondocks Outfitters, but don't know anyone who has shot one.

4. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

I know, sorry, trying to figure out how to change it.......just make the second one you havent shot it but like it.

If anyone knows how to change the poll, I am all ears!

5. cddbrowns

cddbrowns New Member

Me either, I think its a myth, an urban legend. Solo doesnt really exist, its only pics by some crazy guy that hangs out by the lake.

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

The Solo I shot was a real POS.

Fit was poor and the finish had started to chip/wear on what was a "new" gun.

I think in a rush to market, Kimber missed the mark on this one.

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I can't "actually" vote as I have 1) handled it and 2) NOT shot it.

It was in their booth at SHOT. Slide to Finish was poor. Trigger was "less than acceptable" to me, personally.

For the price, $700 Plus, there are literally a two dozen weapons I would consider first.

JD