Kimber Solo Carry

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by freefall, Mar 9, 2011.

1. freefall

freefall New Member

So. I went into Boondocks Outfitters today and fondled a Kimber Solo Carry. I was favorably impressed. Frame made of aluminum instead of tupperware. Ambidextrous safety and mag release. Trigger seemed pretty nice. $649. Seemed a bit trimmer than my PF9, tho I didn't haul it out for a head to head comparison. I think I would gladly part with said PF9 and my NAA Guardian .380 for one of these. Anybody fired one? Encourage or disabuse my enthusiasm.

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

freefall - I haven't shot one, but I did handle one. That thing is damn tiny. And lightweight. Man, it's way to small for my mitts. I would be interested to see how it performs given such a short barrel and not having the traditional 1911 trigger.

For a real pocket piece though, it would definitely fit the bill. You could hide that thing damn near anywhere... LOL

JD

3. freefall

freefall New Member

I could get a solid 2 fingers on the grip. I'd sure like to put a couple of magazines through it.

4. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I've got one reserved upon arrival at the local gun shop. Supposed to be sometime this month. And since I've also got a PF9, I'll probably produce some level of side by side range report. I'm sure the Kimber will fit just fine in the Desantis Nemesis I have for the PF9, so that'll be nice.

Any suggestions on which finish I should choose? They're expecting a couple of each finish and I'll probably have my pick...which I'm still struggling with.

5. DoyleTheDog

DoyleTheDog New Member

I think they both look great, but I would go with the stainless model. I REALLY want one....