Kimber sights

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by renoboyd, Apr 6, 2014.

1. renoboyd

renoboyd New Member

Well, guys, I am looking for anyone with experience here in kimber sights replacements.

I have a brand new Stainless Custom II by Kimber. Its pretty awesome, I have had it apart to do its initial clean and re-oil and will have it out shooting, probably tomorrow. I know that I didnt particularly light the sights it came with, and my intent is to jazz it up to be a nice range gun. But the fixed black Novak style sights it came with, well, my eyes aint what they used to be and something highlighted or fiber op would be preferred. In fact, an adjustable rear fiber op seems to be top of my want list right now. It seems that a couple of months ago, I saw them all over, now that I have the gun, it seems (and yes, its probably just me) that they are no longer available.

I figured before I start down this road, if anyone has experience with this sort of thing, your input would be welcome. And, no I am not willing to sell this for a Colt, Ed Brown, Wilson Combat, etc etc. This is a project gun and not my first Kimber.:D

Thanks in advance.

2. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter