Kimber Rifles

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by StagArms, Dec 19, 2012.

1. StagArms

StagArms New Member

I am looking at buying a Kimber 84M in .308 for my daughter for deer and hog .? I have 3 Remington 700s and love em, I am ready to step up to a two thousand dollar gun, anyone have any bad reviews on Kimber?

2. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

The Kimber is a nice rifle,but for that kind of money I'd buy a Cooper or Nosler Custom. IMO,you'd get a better rifle,and the value would hold up.

3. StagArms

StagArms New Member

Nosler looks way better I'm just doing my research

4. Control

Control New Member

StagArms,

I like the Kimber rifles and have a few to update my battery of old M70's, Brno's, Savage 99's, Mausers etc.

The 308 Kimber Montana that I have is very accurate and reliable.

I don't see where they are two thousand dollars?

Those Kimbers have a superior M70 type three position safety, control round feed, state of the art stock etc.

5. Blueguns

Blueguns New Member

If you want a really nice rifle, just buy a Win. M70. Its really the best you can get, IMHO.

6. StagArms

StagArms New Member

Yep the M70 is nice and the Noslers are cool , I am getting a expensive .308 I am just seeing what's the best for the cash

7. Control

Control New Member

Stag,

I have a battery of M70's along with my first one I got new in 1957!

That means I have had them for 55 years!

I have many chamberings and also have 99 Savages for woods hunting, and other rifles for target shooting and schuetzen.

I got the Kimbers when I noticed that SS/Syn. rifles were now mainstream.

My Kimbers are very accurate and have M70 type safeties, control round feed etc. All features that I demand.

My latest Kimber, a Montana in 7mm WSM is one of my most accurate rifles and was from it's first shot!

If you have any questions please ask!

Here are three of them.

[​IMG]