Kimber Pro Carry II & friends

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by Gojubrian, Feb 17, 2010.

1. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Well, I snuck out of work early yesterday,went home tried to sleep for a bit then packed my stuff and went to the range.

I shot 230grain wwb's ,federal champions, and winchester dpx 230grain rounds.

Here it is. BTW I didn't get to use the good camera because she is still playing with it. I can understand that.

[​IMG]

This is my first target of the day with little groups here and there from different ranges from 5-25ft. Look at those HUGE holes! I shot the buckmark which gave me problems, but I'll get into that later. I also brought my CZ75B 9mm ofcourse.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm not the best shot, but that kimber seemed to know where I wanted to hit and just went there for me. These are from about 21ft.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2010
  2. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

The kimber proves accurate!

[​IMG]

I flinched with the first shot of my cz expecting a bigget push.

[​IMG]

All dirtied up!!

[​IMG]

What a fun trip to the range!! The kimber gave me a couple fail to feeds, but I don't know if that might have been my limpflinching. I had to concentrate pretty hard to get used to the recoil of the larger bullet. I have to say that after a couple hundred rounds it's not pleasant to shoot like the CZ because of the lighter weight and heavier ammunition.

3. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Good shooting there. I'm surprised you didn't mention the difference in triggers between the CZ and the 1911. For me, a nice SA trigger makes it very difficult to shoot anything else...

4. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I generally shoot the CZ single action. The kimber triger is MUCH better though. I love the straight back design. The kimber trigger surprised me at how well it broke at first. Those shots were the farrrrr left on the first target. :D

5. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

How did you like the reset? I love the quick reset, barely move your finger. Nice shooting!

6. Rodmaker

Rodmaker New Member

Nice report, I wanted to warn you about having a few failures to begin with, that is pretty typical for the first few rounds. I have found that the 185gr works better in the 4" and 3" 45's. I am suppose to pick up my Pro Carry II today, had a trigger job done and had it set at 3 1/2lbs on the break.
    Again nice report. :D

7. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Nice report and really good shooting Goju. I think it is safe to say you got a dead bad guy there.

It would appear we have another convert to the 100 year old design from JMB with the greatest trigger ever. :D

8. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Very nice, Goju. Dead bad guys all day long. Looks like you could even take them apart piece by piece. :)

9. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I know, I love that!

10. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Put another 250 rounds through her yeaterday without a hitch. Dead bad guy targets all over. :)

11. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Sounds like that Kimber is treating you right Goju. What is your overall impression of the weapon?

12. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

More than pleased I assure you. I'm trying to conjure up a scheme to get a full size steel frame 1911 now. :D It's that good!

What to sell??? What to sell??

13. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper New Member

And so the addiction begins:D

Nice shooting and nice purchase!
    Congrats

14. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I can support that belief. Welcome into the light my brother. :D

15. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

People keep throwing Wilson's and Nighthawks in my face for less that 2k.

I have to make a choice. Either get married and go on a nice honeymoon OR buy a nice new 1911. hmmmmmmmm.....

OH lawd she would kill me if she knew I wrote that,lol. :D :D

16. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Yes she would! I sold a 75 Bronco before I got married....which I had that thing back but I have a good woman.

You aren't alone in the desire for a full sized 1911. I want a stainless model so I can drop the 460 kit into it but that will have to wait.

Glad to hear you're enjoying your new weapon. I don't leave home without mine!