Kimber goes mousegun! eat it Keltec!

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by willfully armed, Jan 14, 2011.

1. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

Kimber Solo Carry

Solo 9mm alloy framed pocket gun.

[​IMG]

LOL, they already got the idiot scratch on it!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
  2. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

DAMN...not much bigger then the RUGER..LCP..380...Only in 9mm...INTERESTING....I bet there $$$$$ EXPENSIVE....

3. willfully armed

Think they're talking in the 7's.

4. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

I guess you get what you pay for...I always liked KIMBER guns,they are very well made...9mm that small has to be a first...very INTERESTING...I'm going to look into this gun alittle more....

5. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

So they built a striker fired pistol with 1911 controls? My socks are still up boys.....

6. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

I take it your not a Kimber fan...I always liked them...not saying there the best in the world...Just always liked the small 45's they made......I guess a flood of small 9mm's are going to fill the market very soon...

7. willfully armed

Rohrbaugh r9 is smaller yet.

8. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I like it. If its closer to $500 than $1000, I'll probably give it a serious look. Been looking at single stack subcomp 9mms. Rohrbaugh's a bit out of reach, but PM9 and PF9 are the strongest currently available options. Now add Ruger, Kimber, and Sig as potential candidates...if I can wait for them to arrive.

Maybe I'll just get the Kel-Tec for now, revisit these guns once they've got a few months track record. But this Kimber does look awful tempting.

9. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

I'll say this: She is a beauty!

Now, its too bad Kimber doesn't share the same warranty policy that Kel-Tec does, or even come close for that matter. Its too bad its going to be (about) double the price of a new PF-9.

In all honesty, it would have to be a really really good shooter for me to consider one of these over two PF-9's.

Would I buy one if I had the extra cash just laying around? If its reliable, you can bet on it!

10. willfully armed

QFT!

Wilson has a warranty!

11. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

DROOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

My wife may just have to get mad at me for a few weeks.

12. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I actually like Kimber and carry one daily. I would be more impressed if they built a Sig P238/Colt Mustang sized 9mm. I'd be on that like white on rice.

13. lonewolfdj

lonewolfdj New Member

Actually, the gun came from the factory with the scratch on it. Those photos were posted in order that they were taken (by me) right out of the box.

A Solo Carry that was delivered to a Cabelas also had the same thing. Someone at the factory that was assembling them must not have known what they were doing.

The slide stop / takedown pin doesn't even have to be inserted at an angle like a 1911 - there is no spring putting pressure against it like a 1911. Instead, you just line up the notch and insert it straight down into the frame.

See this link: http://sigforum.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=674608412&f=430601935&m=4800004732&r=5470015732#5470015732

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  14. Bighead

Bighead New Member

Impact guns has the price on the Kimber Solo at $659.

I still haven't seen a price on the the Sig P290
    [​IMG]

and the best bang for the buck is probably going to be the Ruger LC9 (shown left).
    [​IMG]

15. melie

melie New Member

Check out the Springfield EMP in 9mm.
    Better gun IMHO and I am a big fan of Kimber.

16. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

Nutnfancy's quite unhappy with the new [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R__qknnpsTI"]Sig Sauer P290 9mm[/ame].

It still seems that a P238-sized (or even LCP-sized) pistol in 9mm is the holy grail of carry guns. The only real contenders are:

Kahr PM9
    Kimber Solo
    Ruger LC9
    Sig P290
    Kel Tec PF9

But none of them really succeed as takers of the crown, including the new Solo.

17. melie

melie New Member

If AMT can make a roughly P238 size gun in .45ACP, why can't someone else do it?
    A P238 in .45 would be awesome. I'd settle for four rounds in. gun like that.

18. General_lee

General_lee New Member

What I would like to see is a 9mm in the style of a Sig P232 or Walther PPK.

19. mesinge2

mesinge2 New Member

I know its an old thread but I have to agree with this idea.
    If they can make a near LCP-sized 9mm, why can't they make a 9mm Walther PPK?