Kimber: failure...

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by bleak23, Oct 27, 2012.

1. bleak23

bleak23 New Member

The first time I fired my Kimber Custom CDP II, it was a tack driver. On that day, the guy next to me who was watching said that it was "scary." I attributed this to the gun and not my skills as a shooter. I put another 500 rounds through it and it was mostly a repeat of the first time.

Then, last time at the range... I'm embarrassed to say, I couldn't hit the target at 15 yds! I mean not anywhere on the target! I was aghast and dismayed. I tried two more clips. Maybe hit the edge of target. Where did the shots go? I can't tell ya. Only that it did go bang eight times.

The only thing I've changed on it is I bought three Tripp mags. I heard they were the best. The gun was cleaned before shooting.

So, am I getting old or what? Could my shooting skills have atrophied? Did something break? Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks.

2. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I've had issues like this after neglecting to practice often, try setting up a very large target to see exactly where the rounds are going.

My money is on either the sights or you, I just cant imagine it being something broken.

3. trip286

trip286 New Member

On to something there. Even non adjustable sights can get jarred or damaged.

4. pranc2

pranc2 New Member

chances are its you. i have done the same thing if i havent shot in a while or if i shoot alot of .22 before the 45.. lol start blinking and jerking all over the place.. so now i shoot the 45 and finish with .22:rolleyes:

5. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

I would call Kimber. A friend of mine had that happen. He fired it from a bench rest it just quit shooting as it should . Kimber had him return it he got it back in 10 days it is shooting just fine. :)

6. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

What was the problem in the end?