Kimber Barrel rust.

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by User Name, Oct 18, 2010.

1. User Name

User Name New Member

Hey all. I got a Kimber pro crimson carry II a while back and carrie it for a while with an inside the waistband holster. I guess from moisture the barrel started rusting to the point where I had to take steel wool to it. Is there anything that I can treat the barrel with so that it will not rust? I ask this because I would like to carry it, but I dont want to have to clean it everytime I carry it. Or is this normal and Im just spoiled from carrying my Glock?

2. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010

3. Squirrel_Slayer

Squirrel_Slayer New Member

I have had a Kimber Custom II for well over a year now, and I have heard quite a few complaints about rusty barrels. The only thing that I treat my barel with is a good cleaning every time it comes with me to the range, and before the gun goes back together, I wipe the barrel, slide, and frame down with a silicon cloth. The silicon repells moisture and gives the finish on the frame and slide a nice even black luster.

4. User Name

User Name New Member

5. User Name

User Name New Member

Thank you, I might try a silicon cloth, but is there some special coating you can buy and put on it that will prevent it from rusting?

6. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Might try using Fluid Film. A lot of members are using it and testing it out, so far it is working wonderful.

Maybe that is more helpful. :cool:

7. User Name

User Name New Member

Yes actually it was, thank you.

8. canebrake

canebrake New Member

It's called elbow grease.

9. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

Shihan beat me to it but I was going to recommend fluid film. It's a great product.