Kimber Aegis Ultra Vs Colt Talo New Agent 9mm

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by bryceatou, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Kimber Aegis Ultra

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Colt Talo New Agent 9mm

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. bryceatou

bryceatou New Member

I am very interested in a 3" 9mm 1911 and these two seem like two of the best. Anyone who has shot both please way in on your opinion. They are both about the same price. I am leaning torwards the Kimber because the night sights are better and the front strap is more detailed. Please way in.

2. Firearms4ever

Firearms4ever New Member

I would personally go with the Colt for the main reason that Kimber does not offer a lifetime warranty whereas Colt does.

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

ive got a new agent in 45acp. i really like the lack of traditional sights. in a true self defense situation sights just serve to get snagged on stuff. if you got time to aim, the trench sight of the new agent serves very very well.

the 45acp is very controllable and very fast on follow up shots. i would imagine the 9mm version would be even more so.

the only negative i an think of going 9mm over 45acp is spare mags for 9mm chambering arent easy to find nor terribly cheap without a lot of options. i know my 45 version uses regular full size mags just fine. this means you can use the small one it comes with then full size mags for reloads.

4. bryceatou

bryceatou New Member

Jon: I agree traditional sights would most likely not be needed Ina self defense situation, but I really enjoy target shooting as well and would like the sights for that.

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

you know that any small ccw type gun is only good for a few yards maybe 10-15 at the most. recoil springs in these ultra small carry guns need to be changed every 500 rounds or so.

6. bryceatou

bryceatou New Member

Jon: I am aware of their accuracy. It really depends on the shooter. I have a Sig P238 that I shoot all the time with unbelievable accuracy. It took requires a frequent spring change.