Killer Fox

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Davyboy, Jun 7, 2010.

1. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Yikes! Must be getting pretty thick out there if they where willing ot attack a human. Young ones or not. Hate to hear it though.

2. amoroque

amoroque New Member

Wow! I never thought of a fox coming at a human. I have had raccoons come into my house though.

Dont know if I would leave my doors open??

3. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

More of those "unintended consequences" the lefties NEVER consider when making their knee jerk legislation.

4. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

"unintended consequences"

You are so right

Ban guns, gun crime goes up

Ban fox hunting, they start attacking babies

Ban deer hunting, we have the highest population for a thousand years.

I will be retiring in AZ in five years this country is stuffed

5. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

I wonder how they got in?

6. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Cities

When city dwellers dictate the rules in the countryside there are no limits to the crimes against honest folk.

The foxes got in though the back door

The coalition goverment got in by the same route

7. orangello

orangello New Member

You should look on youtube for the Taser-cam video of the female LEO tasing the crap out of a fox that had attacked some lady. It turned out to be rabid, i believe.

I've seen a couple down the road & will be watching for them. My cats well-being outranks any respect i have for Nature's gingers.

8. Gordo323

Gordo323 New Member

Yeah, they are trying to ban fox hunting here in Utah as well.
    But I gotta agree with them on this one.
    They're crafty little devils aren't they!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
  9. GoBlue

GoBlue New Member

I hear the wolfs are getting out of control in the areas surrounding Yellowstone.

We just had the first "confirmed" account of wolves killing a human up in Alaska in the last 6 months. I bet we'll see more of the same in the lower 48 if the wolf population isn't put in check.

10. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Mad

The daft B*****s are talking of re-introducing wolf and bears to parts of Scotland. IT WASNT THE ANIMALS FAULT WAS IT

11. bizy

bizy New Member

Wierd...

Foxes are usualy very timid and non aggressive except for small animals or chickens in a pen. Maybe it is just British foxes... What ever the case it is always a shame when animals attack humans especialy children...

12. orangello

orangello New Member

That should help the price of wool.

I still don't understand the need for dangerous (to humans) animals outside of zoos & such. I understand that smart people disagree & for some good reason, but i just can't agree & am OK with agreeing to disagree.

13. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

They keep the indigenous herbivore population from wreaking havoc on the ecosystem.

14. orangello

orangello New Member

First, as a native herbivore (primarily) i think that reinforces the "dangerous to people" problem. ;)

Second, i wouldn't think there were enough bears & wolves to keep the deer & elk & such at sustainable levels without the assistance of hunters & wildlife management agencies. I think fostering human hunters would be safer, though they can be dangerous as well. The human hunter probably contributes far more to the economy, at the very least.

I guess my view is slanted in part by my location; there are very few dangerous predators in MS. I do think they were breeding some red wolves at one point, on one of the barrier island IIRC. The only bear i've seen around here lives in a cage at the canoe rental place & seems to prefer PB&J's to human flesh.

15. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Well that's REALLY gonna help if they take all your guns away, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Weird about that fox though...I never realised they'd get so close to humans. I once had a maurauding brushtail possum attack me in the middle of the night while I was asleep, but then they live in the roof, so its a bit more expected.

16. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

17. zhuk

zhuk New Member

Do you know if this ban included fox-hunting for vermin control (or solely sporting hunters)? if so I'd imagine farmers would be highly pissed off - newborn lambs are especially at risk.

Step in the right direction; I hope it gets repealed :)

This just reminded me, a fox ran right across the middle of the service range as we were shooting last Sunday (unscathed!) although I think a few of the members of our hunting club had to restrain themselves :p Pretty brazen fox, heh.

18. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Saw the first fox in town here just last weekend. He was sitting on the tee of driving range just few hundred yards from my house.

19. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Look on the bright side

[​IMG]