Kidney stones.......

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by LONGHAIR, Jan 23, 2012.

1. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

I have to pass 3 Kidney Stones after they brake them-up later this week !!!!.....I'm told they.. ...HURT LIKE HELL....to pass....Anybody pass any before ???...or know of anybody that has.....I guess I'll cry like a little school girl with scraped knee's in the school yard.....:confused:......:eek:.....

2. gunnut07

gunnut07 New Member

It's the closest thing to giving birth a man can experience. Hurt I'd not a word I would use. I would say extereme pain. Like forcing an 18# bowling ball coated in 50 grit sand paper through your penis after some one took a flame thrower and lit the inside on fire.

3. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Good description.....try a red hot anvil through your penis.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

4. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Oh damn had to pass the same test of man birth it was hell did they laser them or just get r done kinda deal damn I would wish that on any guy it was pure hell

5. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Ask for alot of vicoden also make friends with jim beam for a couple days

6. trip286

trip286 New Member

I'm so sorry. Haven't been there yet, but my advisor at school showed me his, he keeps it in a jar in the lab. It looked like a starfish the size of my pinkie nail.

7. hiwall

hiwall Active Member

I freely admit that I did not care for the event. On the plus side once it passes the pain shuts off like a light switch.

8. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

There going to laser them...After hearing you guys,I'm not feeling to good about this.....:(.......

9. trip286

trip286 New Member

Hang in there. This too, shall pass. :)
    I don't think its ever killed anyone.

10. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Yea...But giving Man-Birth sounds scary as hell.....A starfish the size of your pinkie nail.....:eek:.....

11. trip286

trip286 New Member

You'll be okay man, really. We are all likely to go through it at least once.

12. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

Suffered with Kidney stones up until I had to have a lithotripsy. Have had a few stones pass over the years since then, but much easier to deal with. Before then I couldn't pass out from the intense waves of pain. Wish I could have.

Your ureter is about 18" long from the kidney to your bladder. Thats where the pain comes from. Not from passing through your penis or while in your kidney. Actually passing them from your bladder through your penis, if you can even feel them, is like "Ahhhhh! It's over." Also the stones mostly dissolve once they get to the bladder.

Doc probably is going to have you piss through a fish tank net to catch the remaining fragments as you piss them out. After my lithotripsy I pissed blood for awhile but thats somewhat normal and it stops by the second day afterwards.

If they're too big they stay put. If they're too small you don't feel them. But, if ther're just the right size...... Well you know. Kind of like razor sharp chrystals or splinters. Your ureter continually contracts over them trying to push these razor sharp obstructions out. This is where the pain comes from. Once they get to your bladder the contractions stop.

I greatly reduced caffeine intake and stopped all sodas and ramped up the water intake tremendously. Drink about a gallon of water a day now. Supposed to stop green leafy vegetables for the kind of stones I have but just can't do that. Keep those kidnesy flushed with lots of water. My urologist told me not to become a drunk but to drink some beer a few times a week as it makes you piss and helpes keep your kidneys flushed out. No problem for me there... I can do that. Don't forget the water. Hard booze is a no-no for kidney stones.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  13. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

Sorry to hear it. I'v never had them but I know people who have and they are pretty bad.

14. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR New Member

Just talked with the Doctor,and I go Tomorrow Morning and get them broke-up...Can't eat anything after 6:00pm tonight...This is going to suck.....

15. trip286

trip286 New Member

If they're broken up well enough, it might just sting a little.

16. mrm14

mrm14 Active Member

If it's like when I had mine done they will put you under, then put into a vat of water, and then blast your stones with ultrasonic sound waves through a gun like device, and literally explode them into small pieces. By the time you wake up, if it was like it was for me, the pain will be gone. It goes fairly quick and you'll be back to battery in no time. I went to work the next day and went back to climbing telephone poles for splicing cables.

The doc wanted me to stay in the hospitol over night but the nurses were such bitches I had to unplug my IV by myself to go to the bathroom. They wouldn't help me. So I left the hospitol and went to Chevys resturant and had fajitas and a pitcher of Margritas. Hospitols are for sick people anyway.:D

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  17. bostonscottkelly

bostonscottkelly New Member

I passed one a few months back without too much pain....I was so proud I saved it as well

18. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

They will medicate you enough to make it as pain free as possible.

Good luck.

19. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

I was in the outback of Idaho. I had a bad pain in my side and started passing blood. After a very long painful night I passed a big stone. I made it to a Dr. 2 days later. I was OK by then and the stone tested OK for cancer. I can not describe the pain. I doubt it is the same as child birth. Hell no woman would every have a child if that were true.:eek:

20. monet61

monet61 New Member

Been there. Was very painful for me. Only one.
    Have a friend that has passed so many he don't seem to suffer.
    Good luck to you.