Khan Academy

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by string1946, Oct 1, 2013.

1. string1946

string1946 New Member

I don't know if anyone else here uses this site but I really enjoy it. I try to spend at least a few hours each week taking a lesson on something. I have done a lot of the math and history. Its free and a good way to spend a few hours when you have time. I do it on the computer and have it on my tablet so I can use it anywhere I have a internet connection. The app I have on my android tablet is called "S Educate" and can be found at google play.

"The website 700 micro lectures via video tutorials stored on YouTube teaching mathematics, history, healthcare, medicine, finance, physics, chemistry, biology, astronomy, economics, cosmology, organic chemistry, American civics, art history, macroeconomics, microeconomics, and computer science."

I know that said 700 videos but I read some where else that now there or over 3000.

www.khanacademy.org

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Saw a commercial for it this morning. Very interesting.

3. string1946

string1946 New Member

I've not seen a commercial for it yet but did see a BOA commercial that used Khan Academy as someone they had helped get started. It is very interesting and worth a look see. I first saw it when I got a firmware update to my Samsung tablet and they added the app.

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Sounds like I may have missed an update. Eek

5. string1946

string1946 New Member

I got it last week I think. Might have been the week before.

6. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Hmmm, at&t or Verizon?

7. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

We have used Khan Academy in homeschooling. Great resource for sure.

8. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

That explains why I didn't get it.

9. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

String, thanks. I downloaded it. It looks like they'll be adding class over time. I'd like to see some geology.