Kershaw blur

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by colmustard, Jul 6, 2016.

1. colmustard

colmustard New Member

So i have carried a kershaw blur for about 5 years and love it. I wanted a new one so ordered it and it came in but i am a little disapointed. The mechanism that assists the blade to open is very weak compared to my old one.

My old one really throws that blade out with force, where as the new one barely has enough power to open it hard enough to lock the blade.

Another odd thing is that the old one said maid in usa on the blade under other writing but the new one has all the other writing without the made in usa. But the box did say made in usa and the website from kershaw says they still are, so why the changes?

2. Donn

Donn Active Member

Don't know what to tell you, Col. I've got three Blurs, one in each of the blade offerings. All are marked Made in USA and the assisted opening snaps the blade into service right now. Maybe the screw holding the blade is a little too snug. You might want to try that.

3. Minorcan

Minorcan Member

Maybe a drop of oil and a little use???

If not a send back???

4. colmustard

colmustard New Member

I may tinker with it but i may also contact kershaw.

5. FernandoTheCommando

FernandoTheCommando New Member

Kershaw makes a lot of their knives in China. I have a couple older ones, including ones made in China, and i have noticed a decline in quality.

6. schnuffleupagus

schnuffleupagus New Member

I have a kershaw blur- tanto for a few years now. I use it for everything. For just on case, I bought a ZT 301 and am very happy, hope I never have to need it.

7. unclebear

unclebear New Member

I have always been a fan of kershaw they have good work blades for good prices but yes over the past few years i have also notice a decline with some of there quality. I still carry my Wildcat ridge i picked up 5 years ago it is made in china buts it is decent quality for the price i paid. I tried buying another a few months ago for a present and the blade felt like you were opening it with sand paper and the leather pouch was half necked stitched together. i ended up just fixing it myself. Word of advice if you ever plan on using the knife for food of any type lubricate it with cooking oil works great.

8. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Where did you order it from? There are a lot of counterfeit products out there. It is possible you got one.

9. Donn

Donn Active Member

It's true several Kershaws are made off-shore these days. The Blur isn't one of them. Still made here.

10. FernandoTheCommando

FernandoTheCommando New Member

I did not realize that. Ill have to check out the blur, thanks. I use the cryo as my edc currently.

11. unclebear

unclebear New Member

I got it off of amazon, I tried finding the place i bought it from but couldn't, I paid about $25 for it. I'm not too worried about it, it was more for thought and looks as a present then anything else the guy I gave it too is older and swears by his little swiss army on his key chain. I'm not really sure how much theyre suppose to go for considering I bought mine at the old Keenes Depot for $15.

12. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Unclebear, I noticed the Eagle badge. My Daughters family is heavy into scouts. She works for the Boy Scouts and her husband and 2 of her 3 boys are Eagles. The youngest is working on his.

13. colmustard

colmustard New Member

I picked it up on amazon.