Ken Hurst? Engraved VA State Police-"1 0f 1"

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by dursur, May 24, 2010.

1. dursur

dursur New Member

Just as an FYI to the gun community, there is a unique engraved S&W Model 60 VIrginia State Police pistol currently on Gunbroker.com. I hope I am not violating any forum rules by posting this!!!

2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Are you perhaps the seller? It's an odd first post to be sure...

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

4. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Wow. I did not know this. My bad Ken. :eek::eek:

The pistol looks very nice, I just don't know if it would fit in my collection either.

Good luck with the sale.

JD

6. dursur

dursur New Member

Yes...I confess.....I am the seller. And no......the gun does not have a reserve above $2000.....actually less than half that!!

A member of Gunbroker.com just informed me that the engraver was a apprentice with Ken Hurst, not Mr. Hurst himself---he actually emailed Ken Hurst and got an answer!!! The gun community makes me proud!!!! Maybe there is hope for this country yet!!!

As someone indicated that Ken Hurst is a member of this forum, let me say that the examples of his work I have seen online are truly incredible works of art.......if I can save the pennies, someday I would like to own one made for me!!!!

7. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

$3,550.00 is the buy now so I'd guess the reserve is somewhere near that. If not then the reserve would get the weapon well under what you want for it.

While the weapon is interesting looking I would have to agree that's a lot of money for a safe queen.

8. Shihan

The Gunbroker listing says it is signed. Who is it signed by? Mr. Hurst or the apprentice.

9. freefall

freefall New Member

I know I'm just a low-browed Philistine, but engraved handguns just look like cap pistols to me.:p I like clean steel lines. Carry melted is better.

10. dursur

dursur New Member

This may be a duplicate reply...tried to reply earlier but it hasn't shown up yet...new to this forum thing....
    Okay...as a newbie trying to NOT get a bad rep here.....you all must be looking at the wrong listing on Gunbroker.com.....my reserve is less than half that indicated in above posts....?maybe I'm too low???!!!??
    If this works, the link to my gun is below:

S&W Model 60 Engraved 1 of 1, VA State Police : Revolvers at GunBroker.com

Pretty amazed by the response ....joined and posted on a whim but am glad I did....seems like good folks here.

11. BillDeShivs

BillDeShivs Member

You'll grow into it someday. ;)

12. Shihan

Sorry, that is a different one than what I was seeing. Looks good, I do like the S.P. Badge. Well, any how good luck with the sale.

13. jakebrake

jakebrake New Member

regardless of the price misunderstanding/miscommunication, that is a beautiful weapon. i'd be afraid to handle it, let alone shoot it.

there's an l.a.p.d. commemorative 4506 that keeps appearing. i hope you have better luck than that seller. (shame too...nice one)

14. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Yeah, we're like that until you get comfortable and relaxed. Then we sandpaper your elbows, and roll you in lemon juice. :rolleyes:

Nice S&W. Good luck with your auction. I would bid, but at the moment all my spare funds are tied up in cash. (seriously, have bought 4 guns in past 6 weeks, am money po' at the moment)

My goal in life is not to buy one of Mr. Hurst's creations- it is to be wealthy enough to put him on retainer to do the very fine work that he does. Altho, in a fit of pure whimsy, I might ask if he would create the world's finest engraved RG 22- just to drive some folks nuts!