keltec

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by jekyllandhide, Feb 3, 2013.

1. jekyllandhide

jekyllandhide New Member

What do yall think about them

2. KimberFan

KimberFan New Member

Grin.....I bought one of these awhile back when they were cheap.
    I won't waste this kind of money on .22mag ammo but, it does crack me up to watch it...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLhqSdRB2as"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLhqSdRB2as[/ame]

3. jekyllandhide

jekyllandhide New Member

I was just wondering if the a good gun dependable and stuff.

4. Donn

Donn Active Member

You get what you pay for.

5. hoovco

hoovco New Member

There are better options for not much more money.

6. BigDaddy750

BigDaddy750 New Member

I've had a pf9 for several years and no it doesn't have a match trigger and no it is not a fun gun to shoot. However, it is perfect for the job it is designed to do. I have several hundred rounds through mine and the fte I've had was my last time out when the ejector spring loosened up. Other than that, it has never failed me. It is lighter than any other subcompact 9 out there if memory serves me correctly. It is a cheap gun designed to be carried concealed and isn't much fun to shoot, but I can get 2-3 in groups at 15 yards without breaking the bank. The trigger is long, but is smooth after break in. This is the only keltec I own, so maybe other pistols suck, but mine does its job...if I want to shoot something fun, my XDM 5.25 in 9mm fits that bill.

7. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Had a P-11 that was a real dependable shooter-
    25# 6" trigger pull made it hard to hit a 12" plate at over 10yds & that was really trying :eek:

8. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

I have a pf-9 as an everyday carry. You won't have any problems unless you sit and dry fire it repeatedly (good way to break the firing pin). Other than that, I found it to be very accurate for what it is. They did a great job on the barrel. I also have the 1 round mag extension that allows for a full grip. That does make a huge difference in drawing and firing. I have about 5 or 6 hundred rounds though mine and it's performed well.

Oh yeah,
    Excellent customer service too.

9. FrontierTCB

FrontierTCB Active Member

I've got a .380 that is about 6yrs old and have never had a single problem with it. That being said its not a range gun so it's only had probably 2 or 3 hundred rds though it.

10. jekyllandhide

jekyllandhide New Member

I really want a 1911 but just cant seem to talk myself into spending the money

11. hoovco

hoovco New Member

If you spend the money on a 1911 you'll never regret the purchase. Spend once cry once. If you buy cheap guns, you'll cry more than once.

If you can find anyone on this forum that says a 1911 isn't a good gun purchase, I'd be surprised.

12. BigDaddy750

BigDaddy750 New Member

While I love my PF-9, ^^^^^ this is also true. I just bought the SA Range officer and its like butter.

13. JoshH

JoshH New Member

I sold my PF-9 due to problems with dropping the mag while firing multiple shots n a row. My grip just didn't like where the mag release sat and my thumb would bump the mag release. After trying rubber grips I finally have up. For a CCW I want as close to 100% reliability as possible. I changed to the M&P 9c. It's heavier and wider but goes bang EVERY time and holds 12+1. The PF-9 is nice to carry though and if your light on $$ it's an option to consider. BTW I also would spend a few more bucks and get a 1911, they are the cream my friend! And some are actually affordable... Here's mine, $500.00 for the Springfield 1911 and same price for the M&P 9c.. I would save up a few more dollars personally...

Attached Files:

14. Kalash1138

Kalash1138 New Member

My wife bought me a P-11 9mm about 15 years ago for Father's Day, perfect for HOT/ humid Virginia summers and light. Always goes bang with any ammo (wolf, tula or high end defensive stuff, but a very heavy/long trigger. Get a 1911 or a Browning Hi Power, you will love either one.

15. denverr1

denverr1 New Member

16. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

Luuucky! Those are like freakin white rhinos. Hang on to it. That's one of those rare firearm curiosities that are hard to find now much less down the years. 9mm or 40?

17. jekyllandhide

jekyllandhide New Member

I kinda wont both a 1911 and a good carry to

18. jekyllandhide

jekyllandhide New Member

But sadly bills come first

19. jekyllandhide

jekyllandhide New Member

I like them nice collection

20. freetobefree

freetobefree New Member

I had the pf9... was a manageable recoil... fairly accurate but to many issues... enuf that I didn't trust its reliability... mainly fte ftf problems... due to being ammo sensitive and this may sound stupid but we didn't like the same jhp... lol so I sold it bought the xds 45 .... and couldn't be happier