keltec Sub 2000 anyone?

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by Armed-Citizen, May 29, 2012.

1. Armed-Citizen

Armed-Citizen New Member

was in the market for a keltec sub 2000 in 9mm or .40cal and was wondering if anyone has had eperience with one of these? reliability? durability? overall? 9mm or 40 cal?
    im thinking about using it for self defense (hopefully never), target shooting for practice, hunting rabbits or small animals...what would be more suitable?
    any help is appreciated, thank you
    -Armed-Citizen

2. Delmonte67

Delmonte67 New Member

Just bought a. 40 Cal a month ago, it takes Glock Mag's. A friend sold me his for $350 and I love this awesome little rifle! Especially for the price. Its built better than it looks at first glance, solid. Ive put every brand of ammo through it without fail. I never saw one before he offered it for sale, but it matched my G27 so I bought it. I have a friend who's begging me to go wild hog hunting here in Ohio, I think this will do the job nicely with a good scope. You can mod it big time, check out Youtube for some cool mods. I'm getting ready to order the Red Lion forend/ rails and front site to start with, its a must! Good luck in your search, the Sub2k is kinda hard to find in some places. D.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2012

3. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

I got one a a range toy. They are kind of crude in the sights, trigger and fit department. The grip likes to pinch at the seam sometimes.

IThe nice features are that I was able to pick one up for a good price, it takes the same mags my Glock 19 and 17 use. It has been totally reliable, it is reasonably accurate, it folds up nice and compact for storage and discrete transport. For a fun gun it's hard to beat.

[​IMG]

4. mt232

mt232 New Member

Shot my friends, it's fun to shoot and never failed to fire. Pretty accurate too, he uses his for home defense

5. Vincine

Vincine New Member

How are they doing? Are they alive? Are you still friends? ;)

6. mt232

mt232 New Member

I take it you don't care for that firearm too much?

7. Vincine

Vincine New Member

My wise crack aside, I wish I could find one to look at, if not buy, without paying twice the price for it:eek:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  8. mt232

mt232 New Member

I'm not sure how much they are I can't remember how much he paid for it. How much have you seen them for?

9. Vincine

Vincine New Member

Only seen them online. Some were $500+. :(

10. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Still waiting on Kel-Tec to release some more. Been waiting for a long while now.

11. mt232

mt232 New Member

I feel so stupid I just realized how that read lol, brains not that quick today

12. Vincine

Vincine New Member

Oh, not stupid I don't think, just amusing. Sometimes it’s the little things that make all the difference.

"Shot my friends" = Homicide - Shot my friends = Trying someone's firearm

;)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  13. Armed-Citizen

Armed-Citizen New Member

i heard they got a 6k round life expectancy or more....has anyone passed that mark and speak?

14. 68ranger

68ranger New Member

i love mine in glock .40 mags. it fits nicely in a 17 inch laptop bag with a vast array of mags and accessories. but i only paid $300 out the door for mine it seems they are alot higher now.

15. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

I was offered one for $300. I have never shot one, but my impression is that it feels awful. Plastic was sharp, fit & finnish in general so-so, cocking handle was weird in it's placement &/or operation, and the guy had a hell of a time unlocking it to fold the thing. (Why does it have to fold at the breach, anyways? Is that good for accuracy?)

I passed and bought a Beretta CX4.

16. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

I've been hearing lately about the longevity of a Kel-Tec sub 2000 to be no longer than 3000 rounds. Then after that it is kuput! Finished! Any truth to that growing statement spreading nationwide? My enthusiasm for the weapon has now gone to a mere thought.

17. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

So, kaput in what way? Maybe it has something to do with it's folding feature?

18. BLUNTTrauma72

BLUNTTrauma72 New Member

I would like to know the life expectancy of this weapon ,I'm very. Interested in it but with a 3k round life is it worth it?

19. 68ranger

68ranger New Member

I highly doubt its only 3000 round and then caput. Sounds like some disinformation to me.

20. cakesterkiller

cakesterkiller New Member

bringing the thread back to life just wondering if there are any fresh thoughts on the sub2k cause I've been looking for one ( not very hard)