kel-tech sub 2000 9mm

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by TooStrongTerry, Apr 16, 2012.

1. TooStrongTerry

TooStrongTerry New Member

I was looking for a pistol caliber carbine and stumbled upon this lil gun. I can say I love it! Put money down on it and am picking it up this week. Anyone have any experience with this firearm?

@TooStrongTerry

2. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

I was offered one for $300. Felt cheap (Sharp plastic). Looked cheap. Guy had a hard time folding it. (Why does it have to fold?) Passed it over in favor of the Beretta CX4. (Admittedly a much more expensive gun, but it uses the same mags as the pistols do.)

3. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

They are hard to find Terry. Which mags does yours use? There are some very good accessories available for them. Some from Kel-Tec. I believe Kel-Tec has a quad rail that replaces the plastic for-end. I have heard mostly good reports. The sights are the biggest complaint but they all say they work. If I ever find one that takes the Beretta mags, I will probably buy it. You will only get a 100fps to 200fps boost in velocity.

4. TooStrongTerry

Mine takes glock mags. Not sure what kind I still haven't picked it up. I just wanted something for HD/ backpacking etc. I think its a nifty lil thing. It does feel a little cheap but I have had heard pretty good reviews. The quad rail is cool but I guess it hinders the folding ability.

@TooStrongTerry

5. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

a friend of mine has it, and he was nice enough to let me pop its cherry. the recoil is about the same as an AR. check your front sight when you get it. on my first shot the entire front sight blade shattered. i turned and apologized to my buddy then laughed.. apperently the screw was to tight from the factory and had cracked the plastic. when i fired it just finished the job. also, dont try to hold the rear part of the stock with your off hand. the bolt is there and leaves a lovely bruise when it makes contact with your hand. besides that it was fun and i look forward to shooting it again.

the keltec also uses the same mags as pistols. you can get one to accept one of the following, glock, s & W, or beretta

6. JTJ

No, it still folds and will take a quick release scope. It wont fold with the scope on. There is an after market aluminum front sight available but a little pricey. The Glock set up is for either the G17 or G19 but it will take the 32 round mags also.

7. TooStrongTerry

It will fold?! I though about grabbing it n throwing a folding grip on it. But I heard that n changed my mind

@TooStrongTerry

8. JTJ

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ4pCc_cP9A&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

9. TooStrongTerry

Nutnfancy that's my dude! I love his reviews!

@TooStrongTerry

10. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

I was not aware there was one that took Beretta Mags.....Oh well.