Kel-Tec

Discussion in 'General Handgun Discussion' started by lukeisme, May 3, 2010.

1. lukeisme

lukeisme New Member

My new carry weapon. I like this little sucker. It shoots like a dream for stressful situtions(long trigger pull) and just fun to shoot!!! IMG00054.jpg

2. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Is that a P-11? I've shot them and my dad carries one.

Personally, I don't like them at all. They are unpleasant to shoot and the trigger pull is a mile long and 12lbs or more.

It does what it's supposed to and for the money alot of folks find them worth it.

How about a range report? I couldn't hit the target very well when I tried one. :)

3. freefall

freefall New Member

Looks like a P3AT to me. Tried once one time, seemed fine. I have a PF9, it's the cats *** as far as I'm concerned. Nice trigger (similar to P3AT) reasonable size and 9mm. Not a .45, but that's its only drawback.

4. lukeisme

lukeisme New Member

Its the P3-AT .380 yes I agree the trigger pull seems 9 miles long. But that is one thing I like about it. In a nervous situation the handgun makes sure you want to pull the trigger. At 15 yrds I can hit a 4" plate all day long as soon as I lerned the weapon that is.

5. Bigguns911

Bigguns911 New Member

I do not trust them at all, a friend of mine has one and it miss fires almost constantly on every 3RD shot. Click, click, click then bang. That is just not right. I polished the firing pin, got a new firing pin spring and clan the S out and we ran new ammo and it still did it. I don't trust it to protect my life or my friends life, I told him to sell it or not carry it for protection. I don't know if he just for a POS of what put it has made me not like them. I will say Kel Tec was great to work with and they sent a new part for free, but the gun just does not work right. :confused:

6. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I had one and it was a good little pistol. I sold it because I wanted a 9mm. para.

7. ALSGUN

ALSGUN New Member

I have one as my carry gun and I love it, never had any problems with it and it is so light and comfortable to wear.

8. General_lee

General_lee New Member

I have the P32, which is the same gun, except in .32acp instead of .380.
    I love mine. So far i've had zero hiccups from it and it's surprizingly accurrate for such a small pistol.

9. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

Most love them, but I dislike them. They function flawlessly, but are no fun to shoot and cannot be dry-fired.

10. freefall

freefall New Member

Must agree with Diggs. My PF9 is not the most pleasant thing to shoot. But it's a joy to carry. Life is a compromise.

11. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

My dad's P-11 has some jamming issues with hollowpoints.

12. ajbeau

ajbeau New Member

I bought the ruger lcp instead, basically the same gun! Hope to try it this weekend. I have a Kel tek p11, but wanted even smaller for carry - ease. As I side note, I did have a problem with the Keltek p 11, had them pick it up repair and return it in just 10 days!! great service!

13. freefall

freefall New Member

My main disgruntlement with my PF9 is that the mag follower is made of soft plastic and after not too long won't lock the slide back.