Firearms Talk banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts
After looking at the FX pistol I took out my Sub2K. The Sub2K is only 4" longer than the pistol with the Shockwave even though the barrel is 16". With the red dot just above the irons it is very easy get on the Sub's sights. Quick release mounts allow the red dot to be removed for folding and it is faster to get into action than reassembling The FX. I am not seeing replacing the Sub with an FX pistol. The FX rifle is the same size as an AR so you might as well have an AR. The FX pistol would be very attractive as a suppressor platform. Maybe if they get the Hearing Protection Act passed.

I have a Gen 1 Sub 2 K Glock...it fits into a small HUSKY "'briefcase" along with a few mags...my only comments, are getting a sight picture...cheek position..and the charging handle is very stiff...
Otherwise a fun shooter...and I just bought the Ruger PC9, suoer nice gun..but 1/3 heavier than the Keltec.

Basically waiting for my LGS to get one in with the mag well for the G19, they have had them for for 17, 92fs, and 40 caliber versions, when they get the 19 in they go off the shelf fast. Patience and timing. Every once in awhile I see PSA has them on sale for $400 I believe, the 19 sells out but I think you can back order it for that price if you wish to.

I will end up with one sooner or later lol.

All the review I have read seem to be good, I know I made a thread awhile back and I believe JTJ and some good info on it. I couldn't find it when I searched for some reason.
Made good on my word and bought a sub2k gen 2....I couldn't stand waiting around for a 19 so I opted for the 17 magwell. After I made up my mind on the 17 magwell I found one at the not so LGS but local to that area that I have bought from in the past....$350. I was very impressed with the price.

Took it shooting today, accuracy was iffy, the front post sight needs to be adjusted lately, got used to it and was hitting good at 75 or so yards. Trigger was what I kind of expected from reviews, I see MCARBO makes a trigger upgrade kit along with a different feed ramp that isn't plastic. Kind of expensive but really toying with that idea and the extended charge handle in the future. Up in the air on adding a red dot or not. I think I am going to wait on that for now.

I originally thought I would dremel the magwell for a G19 mag, but for now I am going to leave it. I can always do that later.

I truly did have a blast shooting it though, it is very light. I really enjoy this 9mm carbine. If anyone is on the fence like I was for the last year and half, the only thing I regret is not getting it sooner!

Made good on my word and bought a sub2k gen 2....I couldn't stand waiting around for a 19 so I opted for the 17 magwell. After I made up my mind on the 17 magwell I found one at the not so LGS but local to that area that I have bought from in the past....$350. I was very impressed with the price.

Took it shooting today, accuracy was iffy, the front post sight needs to be adjusted lately, got used to it and was hitting good at 75 or so yards. Trigger was what I kind of expected from reviews, I see MCARBO makes a trigger upgrade kit along with a different feed ramp that isn't plastic. Kind of expensive but really toying with that idea and the extended charge handle in the future. Up in the air on adding a red dot or not. I think I am going to wait on that for now.

I originally thought I would dremel the magwell for a G19 mag, but for now I am going to leave it. I can always do that later.

I truly did have a blast shooting it though, it is very light. I really enjoy this 9mm carbine. If anyone is on the fence like I was for the last year and half, the only thing I regret is not getting it sooner!
Your G19 is small for concealed carry...
Look, just start buying G17 mags for your Glock.
....and the 30rnd mag for your Glock buy 5 or so of those.

okay. I am now in the market for another pack type rifle, this time in centerfire (Have plenty of them in .22 take down configurations already.) I currently have a G19 and a 92FS\M9, so 9 mm is the calber I'm after. Also already have a marlin Camp 9 and a Camp 45, but as non take down, they take up more space than most packs have.

So, those of you that own one, let me know the upsides and downsides to the Sub 2000 platform, other than the obvious of it being a "AW' in some states, and states with mag restrictions ( which keep me from taking the Marlins to NY, should I go there.)

IOW, you have one, would you buy it again, knowing what you know now, is it picky on ammo used in it, and what are it's quirks?

thanks.
I have owned the Gen 1 when it came out and sold it, and then owned twice the Gen 2s when they came out and sold them too. I seem to not learn as each time I bought them, and liked them, had no issues, but came to realize that for me, why on earth do I need them? Anyway, I recommend them if you have a use for the folding carbine, I did not (it seems to be a lesson I have to relearn). Mine was for a Glock 19 in the Gen 1 and Glock 17 and then a 19 in the Gen 2s. I referring to the magazines they were sized for. As you probably know, you can always use the longer mags, for instance, the 17 and the 18 mags work like champs in the Glock 19 sized Sub 2K, just like they do on the Glocks.

I had an earlier generation Sub2000, that a friend of mine talked me out of. After I sold it to him, I realized just how handy it had been for it’s compact size for storage and transport.

I found a new generation one in a local shop and bought it on the spot. It’s been reliable, and more comfortable than the ea4lier generation one I had. Easier to make 50 to 100 ya hits with than a handgun. The extra barrel length squeezes a bit more velocity/energy out of the pistol caliber cartridges.

Reactions: youngridge
I had a gen2 with G17 and a gen2 with G19 mag well at one time. Sold both before I even fired a round from either one. They were neat though since they could be folded up and stored in a small space such as in an under the seat space in a vehicle.

I am considering putting one in the bag under my desk as a tool in case a nutso shooter comes to our factory
If you have an SKS, buy you a combat exchange folding stock and put the SKS into that stock. About the same size. If you dont have an SKS, buy you one and then buy you a combat exchange folding stock and put your SKS into it. Both my vehicle and the wife's vehicle have one stored in them for just in case. ;)

Be aware the rail has a slight crown. I sanded mine flat so I could use a QD riser for the red dot and have it come back to zero.

Reactions: schnuffleupagus
If you have an SKS, buy you a combat exchange folding stock and put the SKS into that stock. About the same size. If you dont have an SKS, buy you one and then buy you a combat exchange folding stock and put your SKS into it. Both my vehicle and the wife's vehicle have one stored in them for just in case. ;)
I'm slow to the 7.62x39 round. I'm only just considering purchasing an AK pattern rifle.

I was thinking about a used AK and then replacing the buttstock and forestock with 2x4 looking pieces.
Rat rifle

But the SKS isn’t laptop case small, or as light. That was my old one that I sold.

I seriously doubt an SKS will fold to 16" in any folding stock. I like the 7.62X39 round but dislike both the SKS and the AK. I have a Mini 30 and Ruger Ranch bolt action in 7.62x39. The new AK 203 does look interesting.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.