Kel Tec Sub 2000 Carbine

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by fupuk, Jan 29, 2012.

1. fupuk

fupuk New Member

I went to the range this morning and was shooting a Vecter .45 that my buddy rented and loved the way it shoot and felt. Also because it takes Glock magazines. I went home and started looking at prices on some other weapons and i came across the Kel tec sub 2000 but im looking for one in 9mm because i can use the magazines that i already bought for my oldladys Glock 17. I was just wondering if anyone has seen this gun or shot it. Thanks for input..

Attached Files:

2. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

I've shot it alot. Even got it to bump fire.

The sights suck. I have a hard time getting down to the sight plane. They could've been a touch higher. Trigger is heavy, but expected from KelTec.
    The best features are glock mags and being able to fold for storage.

Downside- finding the SOB in stock anywhere ... for a decent price. There is such a huge demand, some dealers are charging hundred dollars over msrp. Then some douchers are trying to get $500 for them!

3. TrueNorth

TrueNorth New Member

Yeah I saw one in 9mm, using beretta 92fs mags. I really like it, easy to transport, fun range gun - and I'd like it as a carbine. But its a bit pricey up here too - as much as $600 - and so I'll be waiting.

Apparently if you pull the trigger while the slide is open it disengages the hammer - which I hear is annoying to get back into place. But aside from that I hear from everyone that they like it.

Like I said, I like it, I'd love it to go with my beretta, but for the price I'll wait.

4. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

There are some good after market upgrades available like an aluminum quad rail to replace the fore stock and an aluminum front sight. With the quad rail you can use a quick latch red dot. there is a good write up on Box O Truth.http://www.theboxotruth.com/
    Keep in mind you wont get a large velocity increase with the carbine. The semi auto cartridges are too efficient.

5. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Im just looking for a fun range gun thats not to pricey. And i have a **** load of 9mm ammo and if it takes glock magazines they will also work in my oldladys glock 17 so we will have a stock of magazines if needed. Thanks for the input.

6. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

It's gonna be easier to find that proverbial needle in a haystack than it would be in finding a NEW Kel-tec sub 2000 9mm.
    We're all waiting for that next batch release from Kel-Tec.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  7. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Yah i figured as much. If i find one then sweet, if not then im sure i will find something else that will catch my eye. Im always looking for new excuses to buy more ammo.

8. Werminator

Werminator Member

For what it is worth I have seen a few pop up on Gunbroker.com from time to time. Usually they are lightly used but if they are new watch the price... As stated before some people are gouging ruthlesssly.

9. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Im sure im gonna be getting the just right carbine 9mm. Its a little more expensive but from what ive seen its well worth it. So thats gonna be my new carbine. Minus the optics and bi-pod/light. Im gonna go with basic iron sights and a fore grip, maby a fore grip that can pull out and be a bi-pod. I dont know yet. Only my bank account knows for sure.

Attached Files:

10. Paladin201

Paladin201 New Member

The Kel-Tec is running $500 and up on Gunbroker, NIB. You can get a Just Right 9mm carbine for under $600. So there's not that much difference.

11. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Yah ive been e-mailing them at just right for a couple days trying to see how long it would take for me to get one. So we will see what happends.

12. tchick

tchick New Member

I placed an order for a Sub 2000 a year ago through a local gun store. After waiting for 3 months I cancelled my order. I also was interested in it because it would use my existing Glock magazines. At the time I ended up purchasing another hand gun and kept looking for a carbine type rifle. I ended up getting a converted Saiga AK. The ammo is cheap enough to take it out shooting and it's a proven design.

13. Paladin201

Paladin201 New Member

I was chatting with a guy who has visited Kel Tec and said their manufacturing capacity seems to be dedicated to pistols. With the big CCW boom going on, pistol sales are through the roof, and they want to maximize their take on that action. As a result they turn our very few rifles. There was a time that you could find their SU-16 in just about every gun store, and there were pages and pages of them listed on gun broker. If you do a search for SU-16 on gunbroker now, you find 3 ads. And I don't remember the last time I've seen a single one of their rifles in a gun store anywhere.