kel-tec su16ca vs 2008 mini 14

Discussion in 'Auto & Semi-Auto Discussion' started by grimhellwolf, Jan 28, 2009.

1. grimhellwolf

grimhellwolf New Member

just throw out there what u think of ethier weapon i want to know the good the bad and the ugly

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

The Good; Blondie

[​IMG]

The Bad; Angeleyes

[​IMG]

and the Ugly; Tuco

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. bkt

bkt New Member

I'd be inclined to go with a new(er) Ruger rather than the Kel-tec for accuracy considerations. If memory serves, older Ruger range rifles didn't get good scores for accuracy, but that has changed in recent years.

The Kel-tec might be the ticket if you need a folding rifle that will fit in a backpack. If you don't, I can't see all that plastic holding up over time.

4. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

I was going to ask the same question, although I already ordered the Kel Tec. (three month wait) I live in LA where only the gang-bangers have ARs and AKs. Off the rack I have the choice of a top loading Mini or the Kel Tec. At least the Kel Tec has two detachable 10 round mags in the stock ( 10 rnds is max here in this so******t state).
    If there is any other choice for us freedom challenged Californians I'd love to hear it.
    JdP

5. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Welcome Jo da Plumbr to the forum.

You need two things here; thick skin and a sense of humor that provides you the ability to laugh at everything, including one's self.

With that said;

MOVE!

[​IMG]

6. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

You a funny boy!
    Actually I'm way ahead of you. I am in escrow for some land in the mountains of Colorado, but retirement is still a ways away. Till then I guess I'm stuck with a Kel Tec.
    JdP

7. JiroZero713

JiroZero713 Active Member

Kel-Tec SU-16CA. The thing is extremely accurate. I was fairly surprised...and the recoil in manageble.

I love mine. Only a life of 6000 rounds apparantly though but it's got a Lifetime warranty and Kel-Tec being a not a bit name guy has no problem just giving you a brand new one once it dies.